WIP: Where to? (Ireland 1919)

Working on a dio that will contain sheep, a Whippet and a Austin armoured car.

The Austin (MiniArt) has been completed earlier and the Whippet is nearing completion…

The Whippet is made by Meng, and doesn’t contain the decals I wanted, so these were kindly donated by @G-man69 . The red over white flashes are not included, while clearly visible on the photo of the original, so I painted them on. The Meng kit also doesn’t include the stowage bins, while they were on the real thing. I scrach built these.

Lastly, on the driver compartment roof, there are two brackets, but I cannot determine what is on them. Any idea?

The Austin:

The Whippet:

9 Likes

Looks good Erwin. :+1:

1 Like

Nice builds. Painting is very well done. :+1:

1 Like

Looks very good and I like the painting

1 Like

Nicely done Erwin !!!
I like the colors on the armored car .

1 Like

Very nicely done so far Erwin. Will be a reasonable size project!

Do you mean these?

That is a spare track link:

Thank you so much guys… And specially @petbat for the information… There are several spare links included, so I will add two…

Retaining strap and fitting:

1 Like

You are welcome, and it looks like just one sideways. The ‘triangular’ shape is to allow for the lip along the edge of the link.

I think you are right. At first I thought the ridges were from the outside of the links, but closer inspection shod it is actually the inside of the link. So, one it will be!

1 Like

Love the colors on these Erwin- they look awesome.

Thanks Karl. The ones on the Austin are as listed in the instructions, yet much brighter than in the drawings. I like the contrast though!

The Whippet colour is NOT as on the instructions. If I did, it would be moss green. A discussion on Britmodeller led me to use a mix of SCC2 with Khaki Green 3 as a base colour (being a bit too dark losing colour).
A tad SCC2 mixed in with Dark Earth went on top.

1 Like

Interesting period, with a lot of scope for the modeller.

1 Like

I finished the Whippet last week, including the weathering. To fill up the storage bins I added a bunch of 2 gallon fuel cans and a funnel in one bin, and a tarpaulin in the other.
Comments are welcome, as always…

8 Likes

Looks great Erwin. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks buddy.

1 Like

Beautiful work Erwin! The recognition stripes look excellent and the weathering is great!

Thank you so much for the compliments Matthew. The kit was a pleasure to build and, because of the contrast, paint. Interestingly, painting instructions were not totally correct, as the picture of the original clearly shows a area that contains the red and white, whereas the instructions do not.

1 Like

Looks fantastic Erwin. Very well done.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Peter!

1 Like