Wow you've got a great figure!

Thompson sling with 1mm masking tape and Aber buckles:

8 Likes

Wow…. I step away for a minute and the thread explodes! Some seriously good work going on here, lads. I think it’s the best thread on the site at the moment. Some really nice stuff going on here. Nice to have a pro on here as well. Belated welcome Venelin! I’ll be trying your techniques as soon as I dig out my airbrush. I’ve got that figure in the stash so, should be a challenge to get it looking that good.
Don, Sgt. Snuffy looks great. Excellent use of glazing there.
Rich, the Telo Mimetico is coming along nicely. Much better than my effort, that’s for sure!
Mike, well… you just keep surprising me. Just about every technique you put on here, I’m shamelessly using :+1:.
Ok, what am I doing? For starters, upping my game after seeing what you lot are doing :flushed:
So, it’s back to 1/35. I thought I’d give this fella a go.

I’ve seen this done a few times now so, was really looking forward to it. I wasn’t prepared for the lack of detail on it though. Seriously soft details here…

Oh well, bit of a nip & tuck, throw a bit of putty at it and here we are……

Still a little to do yet but, it’s getting there.
All the best lads,
G.

9 Likes

That looks brilliant…really nicely done all over :+1:

1 Like

Brilliant !!!

2 Likes

That is some seriously nice work there with the extras and the surgery… Outstanding :+1: and the Dio base takes it right up there… :+1::+1:

1 Like

Ok, this will be my attempt.
I am going try the No4 Machine gunner from the Tamiya field briefing set.

The no2 figure from the Dragon combat unit.

And then finish this chap up and paint him. Or try to lol.

I think I have some old PE rifle slings someplace, so may try and dig those out as well.

4 Likes

That is turning out excellent. :+1:

1 Like

Outstanding as usual Lazarus. Looks like you’ve taken a mediocre sculpt at best and turning it into an excellent figure! Those small additions completely change the figure. Excellent

2 Likes

Very good start on that fig John.

2 Likes

Looted nazi baubles and panzerfaust or looted GI tanker suit?

3 Likes

Beautiful job Venelin!

2 Likes

You got it straightaway Don. A lot of G.I’s back then were avid souvenir hunters. This lad has just taken it a bit further than most. Not sure how he’s going to ship the Eagle and the panzerfaust home though?
G.

2 Likes

Duffle cut in the launch tube and vague claims about it being for deer hunting.

2 Likes

Wish it was that easy….:joy:
G.

1 Like

You’ve done a beautiful job.

2 Likes

Well I made a start … Found a gat and helmet for pointy man…

Got the body together, less the head of the MG guy. Will go over him and micro fill as needed.
Also found the old German webbing/sling PE set, so will try to add a few little bits of that to all 3 figures

6 Likes

How much nudity is accepted? I have several female fantasy figures, I really want to try painting female skin, it will be a challenge for me :slight_smile:

I believe the ground rules are:
Breasts are O.K.
Genitalia only if justified on a historic figure (not fantasy) e.g. Celtic warriors, Hutu militia.
No erotic activity (includes sheep).

Cheers,

M

3 Likes

To quote the site owner Jim, “We normally have always kept things pretty family friendly in our forums. Definitely a no on the eroticism stuff. Nudity is probably okay if it’s just breasts or showing a lot of skin.”

Interested in what you plan on doing.

2 Likes

I mean this figure-75mm Succubus, if it is not acceptable, please delete the post, thanks!

7 Likes