Thank you John! Much appreciated

2 Likes

Be sure to read the User Manual…

:warning: WARNING: REMOVE
GLASS BEFORE FIRING!

2 Likes

LOL! (Yes. It is a dome of air cover) :airplane:

7 Likes

Downright incredible job you did and the glass dome case makes it special and unique.

The faces and kitbashing really looks marvelous…one of the best I’ve seen for 1/35 figures. Great job! :grinning:

3 Likes

Awesome. That word gets used little too much at times but I’m having trouble finding superlatives worthy of your work.

2 Likes

Got to agree with the rest of the lads. That truly is superb work! I’ve got the Verlinden Stinger Gunner on my to-do list so, I’ll be saving that thread for reference.
I think one thing we can all agree on with this campaign, is that everyone here has learned something and improved with their figures. I certainly have! We can definitely say it’s been a success! Still waiting for a few stragglers to bring their stuff in though. Can’t believe the year’s nearly up.
G.

3 Likes

Thanks all! This campaign has involved some exceptionally talented people and it’s been a humbling experience to share and learn together. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi guys. One last update to the ‘FUEL DUMP.’

Here’s the b/w period conversion I mentioned earlier. :camera_flash: :smile:

… and a new title placard for the base.

IMG_2339 (4)

Onward to the next one.
—mike

7 Likes

That looks real! Nice one Mike :beer:
G.

1 Like

Looks great! Is it too late to stick a cigarette in his mouth?

2 Likes

Thank’s guys!

I like the way you think.:smiling_imp: Sure, it could still happen.
:boom:DANGER! :boom:

7 Likes

@ barnslayer and anyone else interested.
Modification is still possible, since I’ve made the figure and pump a removable sub-assembly.

I kinda’ like the cigarette idea as it adds some more visual interest… and of course, some subtle humor. So for comparison sake, I did some image editing before the PVT lights-up the Fuel Dump. :fire::smoking:

Before.

After.

What do you guys think?

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

6 Likes

Haha Nice!

2 Likes

I like it but… My imagination had it with a tiny bit drooping with a long ash. As if the guy isn’t even thinking about it. More threatening that way.

We’re talking about a tiny detail so there’s a difference between imagining and doing.

4 Likes

Brilliant

2 Likes

Or one of those portable GI coffee pot burners with little Sterno cups under it?

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve been wrestling whether or not to post this, but at the risk of distracting from Phil’s brilliant diorama, and Barnslayer’s great idea, I have a story to tell that goes along with this. I can post it here, or post it somewhere else and let you all know how to get to it.

5 Likes

Here’s good

3 Likes

Oh Fred, you can’t tease a tale and not follow through! That’s just cruel… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As the campaign manager on this one, I say post the story here.

5 Likes