Wow you've got a great figure!

His expression would be different if it was morning, and he was smelling napalm.

2 Likes

Mike, beautiful diorama. Neat and clean, and I don’t mean that in terms of everything is shiny and looks factory fresh like a newbie would make it. Even the dead and dying grass is uncluttered enough for the eyes to actually notice it and enjoy it. Wonderful work.

2 Likes

My Battalion was once called upon to clear a runway of 6" of snow with our entrenching tools! Now THAT was living the dream!

5 Likes

We once had to police call a decent size desert training bivouac area multiple times. Fun times.

We had clear a runway with 6” mud after a flood but we got to use engineering equipment. Did get a Humvee stuck up to its doors that time. The Motor T Sgt (Road Master) was not happy and banned me from driving for that exercise but being the only “legal” driver, I kept driving but always looking for him.

4 Likes

Glad you guys enjoyed your trip to the Fuel Dump. Thank’s for the very nice comments!

BTW: I can only imagine…

yi5zic10

No way I’m cleaning up all of those MiniArt seam-lines! :crazy_face:

Ryan, Not a handlebar. I was grooming for more of a pencil mustache — just hope it didn’t come across as a “Groucho!”

“Why that’s the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.”

Cheers! :disguised_face:
—mike

5 Likes

If it were me, I would pre select the base size and talk to @Petition2God about printing those barrels instead of plastic. One can get creative about filling in the middle sections. Then use the photo scaled correctly to be the background.

With the stash….he has that GI Joe Gung-Ho look about him.

Probably just the shadows playing with my eyes.

2 Likes

I thought of that as well. That would be cool! The problem… too many start-ups on my workbench as it is. However, I’ve got in the works to convert an image to b/w with an imported backdrop like I did earlier on with the ‘Sarge.’

Yeah, that’s the dreaded “shadow stash” — a crease molded into the figure. I might try highlighting it to tone it down. … another thing to add to the list. :paintbrush:

—mike

2 Likes

Just think of it… 21 cents a gallon! (ration card not withstanding).

2 Likes

There were rules for uniforms, especially early war Officers had brown belts with a tongue clasp buckle, everyone else a black belt with the rectangular type. However, more often than not, equipment straps made during the war were not real leather, but an artificial one called Preßstoff.

For vehicle seats and shoes, etc, which had to be flexible, Preßstoff was not suitable so leather was used. The leather used was generally just the commercial type and colour that was always sourced by the manufacturer that made the seat components. Germans used Black, dark brown and a medium brown leather in their vehicles, but the major motorcycle companies Zundapf, NSU and BMW had always used black and just continued to use the same colour for wartime production - including side cars. DKW used a darkish brown leather for seats on the bike and side car, but during the war they mixed in black - essentially whatever they could get.

Like most things exposed to weather, seats were generally one of the first things to perish over time, so most existing examples you now see all have replacement seats and not generally accurate anyway - especially museum pieces…

3 Likes

Its not just a job, its an ADVENTURE!

3 Likes

Yes… painting figures! :smile:

3 Likes

And a great adventure it is! Great work all

I wanted to call this one done. Next to get this Stinger shooter and his assistant gunner together on one display.

more here : Stinger Team SEND IT - #23 by amoz02t

10 Likes

Looks great. Still looks like a pain to do the decals, painting wouldn’t be much easier I guess.

2 Likes

Thank you Ryan! Yes. Still lots of painting even with the decals, but I think it keeps the pattern more consistent across the uniform. I am always surprised after the spray of DULLCOAT how the paint and decals blend.

3 Likes

Cool! Nice looking pattern! The DULLCOAT really did tie everything together nicely. :art:

2 Likes

Thanks Michael!

2 Likes

Calling it finished

12 Likes

Wow just wow, the safety glasses, the camo, and overall paint work :beer:

3 Likes

Thank you for the nice words! Glad someone noticed the Live Resin clear safety glasses as they are behind a small protective clear part added to the Stinger model. The layers of clear got wonky. Actual Stinger eye guard image here…

4 Likes

Great little scene. The paint, decals and finishing are terrific… Super job :ok_hand::+1:

3 Likes