Rory, I’m constantly impressed with your work, so much so I’m going to give it a go on the Tin Can campaign!
In my last update, I was doing a bunch of little internal painting stuff, mostly grey green, which turns out to be RLM 02. I dutifully painted everything per the instructions, though will admit that the inside of the fuselage could have used a bit of airbrushing the colors, or a lot more focus on true interior painting of WWI planes. While I’m starting to use oils and getting better, this is not one of them! Test fitting shows to my eyes that it won’t be too noticeable. Fortunately, I discovered this prior to tackling the prop and the area between the wheels. There’s quite a bit of a learning curve here for me!
I got the interior done per the instructions, and did use some Mr. Color brass to help outline the instruments that were inside the plane, surprising to me, a lot less than I’m used to!
After lining all the stuff up, which came short on one side of the fuselage, I’m blaming myself for that, the halves came together nicely, and clean-up was minimal.
I did break from the instructions to attach the middle wing, and leave off all the other stuff until the painting will be completed.
Overall, the Eduard kit is superb, my only complaint would be that it’s way too small. However, I’m a die hard 1/48 scale builder, and if I take my time, I get rewarded! More to follow!