WWI Canadian Armoured MG Carrier

Basic Construction is now complete on the Copperstate Models 1/35 Canadian Armoured MG Carrier. Interior is painted with AK Gen 3 SCC 15 Lightened with Iraqi Sand and the wood is AK Gen 3 tan Yellow. Next up are the MG’s and the brass light fixtures and outer base coat.

4 Likes

Base coat added. Mix of AK Gen 3 SCC15, Olive green and buff thinned with AK’s Gen 3 thinner. I followed this up with a shadow coat of Ammo for Mig shaders “grime” in the recesses and on the rivets. The Figure is a Copperstate models Resin offering.

6 Likes

That’s a cracker Cam! Really like the lines of this decidedly odd vehicle- the variety of fittings and materials are fascinating and you have brought them out with skill- the wood bed looks realistic and the brass fittings contrast interestingly with the drab green color. The figure will add that nice idea of scale so you can see how small this vehicle actually is- surprisingly small to my eye.

How would you rate the kit ?

1 Like

Very nice! What paints did you use on the brass items? These look really good.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. The Copperstate kit is amazing. Everything fits and it all just works. I highly recommend their kits.

1 Like

@taylorrl Cheers for that. I used Humbrol brass. I brushed it on top of flat black for a bit of depth.

1 Like

I may actually finish a model!! More detail painting on the MG’s to go then some slight chipping and wear followed by weathering and this long overdue project will be done.

7 Likes

NIce work, looking good. I can’t wait to see it when you are finished with the weathering.

1 Like