WWII builds

I painted the fabric control surfaces light gray then did the overall plane in an ameiro color. Next is landing gear then cowl.The third picture is a piece of the crashed Pearl Harbor Zero’s skin showing the ameiro color over red oxide primer, Zero was plane number AI-154.

3 Likes

This was the original ameiro color I liked, actually Model Master SAC bomber tan in the rattle can. Just a bit too green and maybe too dark. I don’t do, have no interest in an air brush. Too fiddly for my liking and I have zero tolerance for cleaning needles , tips, collars or cups. I live by the KISS rule. Life is hard and complicated, I for one do not want a pleasurable hobby to be that, just my opinion and my opinion only.

5 Likes

The Eduard Spitfire IXc late version arrived. I need to wash the plastic then start painting the cockpit parts. I also need to find decals for a “pink version”.

2 Likes

Some small parts assembled, each sub assembly contains 4 parts, very well detailed. The floor is painted British interior gray green, the seat frame will be painted flat black.

1 Like

More work on the cockpit.

1 Like

kit deleted

1 Like

Nice photo, Jon! Have you tried Vallejo 71408 Pru Pink? Maybe it can help you …
Vallejo Model Air: 71408 “PRU Pink” 17ml | Einzelne Farben | Model Air | Vallejo-Farben

If it comes in a spray can I can do it, I don’t do air brush. Absolutely zero interest in them.

kit deleted

1 Like

They are made for airbrush, yes. But you can also brush paint them. I do that for detail painting.

1 Like

That’s nice, I use Model Color by Vallejo for detail brush painting. My last brush painting of an entire model was as a kid in 1969 or '70. I discovered rattle cans, Model Master then Tamiya, and Testors dullcote -glosscote, and threw my large “hairy sticks” in the bin. Never looked back BUT I do a lot of masking which doesn’t bother me. I do NOT enjoy cleaning needles, springs, nuts n bolts and color cups. Makes my hobby a chore I DON’T want!!! But that is my opinion and my opinion only.

kit deleted

2 Likes

no post

1 Like

no post

1 Like

Nice work so far on the corsair. remember the wheel bays are not int green but the color of the wing.

i just built that kit. not that impressed with it. careful with the cowl top, it is in two pieces for some reason and leaves a nasty join line plus if you don’t get it lined up right the sides do not line up flush with the panels under them. I had to use filler to fill the gaps, also unnecessarily complicated exhaust assembly. if you do a wheels up version the kit does not allow that option even though they hint at it in the instructions. you have to use half of the wheel and glue it to the cover without the gear to get it closed properly and even then it is not right. ailerons have poor connector points, mine broke off three times while building. a good kit, just not the great kit everyone touts.
Joe

so what color do you use now?
Joe

I have built over a dozen so far over the years, started building in 1963 so I have a “few” under my belt and also at least 30 walkaround books of all types. What color for what are you referring to? The A6M2b above has a one piece cowl and no problems with the exhaust, at least not with me.

I am not building a standard U. S. Corsair so I will be using FAA colors as per my references. Most USN Corsairs had their wheel wells either the color of the bottom fuselage and wings or very rarely zinc chromate green NOT interior green.

the color i was asking about the zero, the exhaust and cowl i was referring to the eduard spit.