WWII builds

I have a couple of WWII fighters started. The first is an Eduard 1/48 Bf109F-4 and the next is a Hasegawa 1/48 A6M5-52 Hei. Here goes with the Bf109F-4 first. It’s the weekend edition so nothing fancy. I may replace the decals as I have seen a you tube video of this kit built and the decals were questionable, I will figure that out when I get there. So far I have the cockpit built, fuselage closed up, wings added and started adding flaps and slats.

5 Likes

Here is my 1/48 Hasegawa A6M5c Hei Zero. I have after market decals for this to do Saburo Sakai’s last ride in WWII.I have the cockpit built with tape seat belts all closed up in the fuselage and engine built.

2 Likes

Here’s a better picture of the Tamiya tape seat belts. The interior color, Nakajima interior green , is not as light as in that first cockpit picture.

4 Likes

More work on the Zero,headrest and armor added and wings assembled.

The Friedrich has the flaps on.

4 Likes

Looking at decals for Yellow 3.

1 Like

Wings on the A6M5c.

4 Likes

The A6M5c is almost ready to mask and paint, stabs, canopy, gun sight and loop antenna on. Also wheel wells and interior of flaps painted.

7 Likes

The flaps, tail wheel and tail hook cover are on. Off to mask and paint.

3 Likes

Some more progress on the Friedrich 109. I have the cockpit finished,and canopy closed up. I was surprised how well the canopy fit, nice and snug.

3 Likes

I have one last WWII kit so I am going to do it and then move on to something different. Another 1/48 Hasegawa Zero, this one an A6M2 model 21. This one will be done as a plane from the carrier IJN Zuikaku at the Battle of Lae New Guinea on January 21, 1942. Here is the kit and a picture of the plane I am doing, EII-111.

2 Likes

I have some cockpit and engine parts painted.

4 Likes

Engine assembled and added to fuselage.

2 Likes

The cockpit is installed and wings on. The fit of the wings is really good.

2 Likes

Horizontal stabilizers on and some minor gaps filled.

4 Likes

Very Nice

Thanks, rear canopy and wind screen on along with the drop tank.

1 Like

Nice builds going on here … Like the look of that Corsair

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments. I have 10 aircraft in progress as of now and am getting older so I have slowed a bit at 70 plus. When those are done I will have 2 kits left in my my “stash”, if you can call 2 kits a stash! The only one I really want to do after these is a Spitfire either an FR or PR. No luck finding the 1/48 Airfix PR XIX so I may go with the old Italeri 1/48 Mk.IX, I did one, by Occidental, years ago as a high altitude fighter in PR blue, want to shoot for a “pinky” this time.

2 Likes

I gave up trying to find the Airfix 1/48 PR.XIX and bought an Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXc late-weekend edition to convert to my FR Mk.IX pink project.

1 Like