Wz. 34 Armored Car

I built this a while back. It was an Eastern European kit I got on a real discounted online sale (I should have known better) Bought it years ago and it sat in the stash. It was a real dog of a kit. Soft molding, bad fit, melt marks. The whole kit smelled like cigarette smoke. When I finally decided to build it I added some detail, rivets, brass tubing for the gun in an effort to improve it somewhat.
Anyway, this is my Wz. 34 Armored Car-

9 Likes

Lovely job on a dog kit.

1 Like

Totally agree on the quality of that kit.
Built it myself 20 years ago or so. Mine didn’t smell like stale cigarettes but I remember the rest …

Very nice job!

1 Like

I have this kit in the stash. Planning on redoing all the rivets & replacing the machine gun too. What did you do special about the wheels? When I unboxed my kit the wheels had slightly melted into the styrene. Not impossible to fix, but has long-term implications…

Damon.

1 Like

I’ve got this kit built but not to your standards. I had similar issues with fir and finish. Wish the company had included a crew figure for scale to show just how small these things really were. I’ve been trying to decide on a paint scheme. Really like how yours came out. Great job!
John

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind comments.

I normally would have sought out aftermarket tires but It being such a poor kit I really didn’t want to get that deep into it.
I didn’t have any ‘melting’ of the tires so I just used them. If they melt or react with the plastic, I’ll deal with it then.
Cheers,
C.

I have this kit too. It truly is a turd in a box. If I didn’t have a passion for WWII Polish vehicles I would never have bought it. You have done a remarkable job of turning a piece of coal into a diamond!

2 Likes

Have to add my 2 cents worth…had it too…hated it too; but you’ve done a great job with it. This; and others like it; left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I’m still wary of buying from Eastern European manufacturers; I can’t believe H.L.J. are still flogging things from Skif!

1 Like

You did a fine job. The camouflage is looking great!

1 Like

Looks great!

And yeah, like others, i have this kit too. Similar experiences regarding fit and smell. It’s build, painted, knocked it off the table and it’s now on my “need to repair someday” shelf :slight_smile:

2 Likes