Yamato #1 Gun Turret

It was interesting, but takes up a lot of shelf room

It would probably cost a lot for after market guns.

The cost of barrels would probably be more then the gun, plus you would need to add counter weights to keep the kit from flipping over.

A interior would be interesting, if anything like the USS North Carolina, that area is tight and packed. A clear shell and clear interior walls would be needed to show off everything in my opinion.

I could foresee a resin blast bag or two coming out that allows different angles for the guns.

Thanks for building this kit Donald. I think you did a great job.

That would look great with an interior. Having recently toured the USS NJ turrets one gets the impression itā€™s a pretty busy place with all 3 guns in action.

Sean

Thatā€™s amazing cool!

Thank you for sharing the project!

OK, so how long before someone builds a 1/72 Yamato model to go with the gun kit? :grin:

Damon.

1 Like

My favorite Yamato model; 1/10 scale!

6 Likes

How do you sneak that into the house?

2 Likes

Blimey !!! Thatā€™s a whopper lolā€¦ But bloody impressiveā€¦ You shouldnā€™t have put the pic up though @TimReynaga ā€¦ Poor old @Uncle-Heavy is going to be having some crazy dreams now lol

1 Like

I had a sh*tload of images downloaded from a website belonging to some Japanese photographer
and then I lost them when the old computer died ā€¦ :sob: :rage:

Wow, thats big!
and good work on that turret of yours!

ā€œImagine the whole ship coming out in 1/72 !!ā€

And where youā€™d put itā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s when it would be handy to have your own swimming pool Sean lolā€¦ Would be a beast of a kitā€¦

Thatā€™s the 1/10 version :smile:

In 1/72 it would only be 3.66 meters or 12 feet ā€¦

Imagine! It could be like a big scratch building group build! Someone builds the hull, someone builds the deck some one the superstructure someone the main guns and so onā€¦

2 Likes

that sounds fun!
Logan

1 Like

Honestly, if we get enough people interested it would almost be possibleā€¦, All weā€™d need to a talented enough scratch builder(s) for the hull and basic superstructure (Im looking at you @TimReynaga wink wink) , use the Takom 1/72 Turrets, a 1/72 Float plane (Off the top of my head I forget what plane was on the Yamato) and someone for the AA guns and small details! Plus the Yamato is a fairly clean ship so it wouldnā€™t be as complicated as say the USS Missouri.)

I see shapeways has some nice 1/96 if only we could get them upscaledā€¦ :wink:

(Hehehe my personal dream is to do a 1/72 1945 Fletcherā€¦)

The aircraft aboard Yamato were: Mitsubishi F1M2 ā€˜Peteā€™, Aichi E13A1 ā€˜Jakeā€™

Hasegawa had the Jake in a combo box with a catapult
they also sold the Kawanishi Alf with a catapult so catapults can be sourced from the Alf as well.

1 Like

we might have to wait a bit because of Covid and all, but after it I could possibly have a time.
Logan

1 Like