Yellow color reference for modern T-55 in Egyptian service

Can anyone help me?

Maybe this link could be useful?

Pactra A20 might be hard to find, I have never tried …
They call it Africa Yellow and considering effects from dust, sun, dirt, paint batches I think that other similar colours from other manufacturers

Use a dark grey or black primer, it tends to become more tan over white or light grey.

You can also mix radome tan and sandy yellow to get the shade but I think the AK paint is ok.

4 Likes

Nice looking kit. Is it RFM?

1 Like

I’ve built their Syrian T34 and it’s a nice kit.

Thank you for support!

I just finished my 1/35 Tamiya T-34 kit, converting it to an Egyptian T-34T ARV, abandoned in the Sinai Desert, during the 1967 Six Day War.

I used Tru Color’s Matte Sand (TCP-4037), which is a rattle can. Of course, other sand related colors were use for detailing, pin washing, dry brushing, etc.

10 Likes

Excellent job John. Great build and love the finish. I love that you added some damage to the rear engine screens, looks great!

4 Likes

Thanx!

3 Likes

Outstanding model Jack. Nice solid build. Great conversion. Fantastic paint and finish, and that red gas cylinder really pops! Perfect eye-catcher.

4 Likes

Really nice conversion. The red cylinder really draws the eye and a nice visual effect.

4 Likes

Very nicely done!

3 Likes

I don’t know which color should be the “correct” one. I"ve got color references going back to the 70’s. I chose something I liked, and since most of my sand colors were already being used on other vehicles. I used one I found in a craft store. I’m happy with it.

This was a resin conversion on a cheapass Maquette hull, with wheels from I don’t know where.
The transmission might be Maquette as well.

6 Likes

Wow that looks excellent Robert

2 Likes