Yemen T34/85

There is no lanyard as the ammo is fired electrically.

1 Like

As I recall there is handle to twist as the manual backup that will fire a loaded round.

1 Like

Back to the T-34, is the green is a base coat or final color? Miniart Czech T-34/85 has a Yemen scheme from the late 60’s if that helps with a 360 profile.

1 Like

What I mean is , there’s a way to fire the main gun from outside the Abrams ?

1 Like

You would have to run a wire that is attached to the manual firing device to outside the tank.

1 Like

I’m going by the pic as it seems to be the base color and then add the red and yellow.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Cool, thanks !

Actually when i say gun I mean arty. Cool video. The big guns do the same thing, just not electrically. We remote fired an ex-Soviet gun the same way in Afghanistan. The perks of having no adult supervision.

3 Likes

What gun Rob? A old WW II gun?!

1 Like

Indeed! An old BS-3. It did not go back into battery which is what we suspected as it had no nitrogen in it. Hence the remote fire, which put the round right where we wanted, thanks to a Soviet gunner’s quadrant I still own.

2 Likes

I would use this remote technique if I had to defend something with an ancent T 34. I wouldn’t want to get tosted in it by any return fire.

1 Like

I just looked up the BS-3 and it’s quite a large gun.

1 Like

The first 2 pics look like NTC

1 Like

When I was in Yemen in 2009 I saw a couple of T-34/85s but was not able to take any photos.

Were they being used?

Got the tracks on-tracks can kick my butt on most kits and this one did as well.
Oh well.
Need to do touch up painting next and the camo colors.image image

5 Likes

What challenges did you have with the track?

Tracks are simply hard for me to do for some reason.
Nothing at all wrong with the kits tracks.

Maybe something like this will help? I have a few for kits I have multiples of. Gives you that third hand to help build.

HTH

1 Like