Yeovil (UK) Model Show Sun 2 Apr 23

I thought I’d posted this event before but apparently not (must be an age thing), anyway it’s happening tomorrow which I appreciate is really a bit last-minute-dot-com if one is now thinking of going; my apologies.

Venue is Westfield Academy in Yeovil, in the county of Somerset, BA21 3EP.

A quick dress-rehearsal for tomorrow; my Conqueror project is still some way from completion but it might garner some interest as a work-in-progress. For interest’s sake I decided to display my venerable Mk 2, just for comparison.

My build rate has been pretty abysmal of late so I’ve also had to drag out some older kits, especially an M41 and an M42; I don’t think I’ve shown these (on this site) before so there’s a couple of pics below. The front row, far right will contain another work-in progress and will be the rare Monogram 1:35 Little John missile. Hopefully, it’ll distract from my T-64B diorama which the modelling public must be getting quite sick of by now(!)

Here’s the M41 and M24 (I know this isn’t quite the place for them):

Anyway, looking very forward to the show; I’ll probably return, as I usually do from shows, inspired and depressed in more or less equal measures!

10 Likes

Lots of good looking projects on the table. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Nice models. I like your idea for the base of your WIP projects :bulb:

3 Likes

Jeez … Not the T64 again !!! :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Lol… Only kidding mate, that’s one of my favourites so always good to see… And my fav So block MBT…

Looking forward to catching up, and I aim on getting in there for about midday hopefully… Have to drop SWMBO at the country park down the bottom of town so she can walk the dog for 3 hours :rofl::rofl::rofl:… She is actually meeting her daughter there for the afternoon so win win for me …

1 Like

Yup - we always do that just to define the difference (though probably not needed); I say “we” as I’m 50% of Stonehenge Modellers - not a club, just 2 mates who exhibit, but we needed a moniker and as we both live in south Wiltshire chose “Stonehenge”.

Anyway, thanks for the interest!

2 Likes

Thanks, but a bit of smoke and mirrors as I really haven’t built much at all recently.

1 Like

Brilliant John - be good to catch up!

2 Likes

Pete Smith’s show report from his Blog here:

Pete’s Model World (petesmodelworld.blogspot.com)

5 Likes

Nice link Brian and he got some good all round images there

2 Likes

Yes, he captured it all pretty well I think; a really good show (and sorely needed, just to keep the juices flowing).

2 Likes

Yes, a helpful link Brian with some great pictures. The show has spurred me on a bit as my build progress has been very slow lately. Seeing others results is always a good KUTB!

3 Likes

Yeah - I quite agree - I hope to maintain impetus this time. I’m still sort of reeling with all the encouragement and interaction with the punters and the like; a really good day!

2 Likes

Just a bump for those who may be interested in a UK provincial show:

Pete’s Model World (petesmodelworld.blogspot.com)

1 Like

Cheers for that link Brian- some awesome pieces there- the Ypres one with the beautifully painted background is particularly nice.

3 Likes

Some very nice models presented here @BootsDMS, the RAF B17 was my favorite but all the RAF bombers shown were equally nice.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

It really was a pretty decent show; I was so busy yakking away about Cold War armour that I didn’t quite get around to studying as much of the content of the stands as I would have liked. 'Certainly got me enthused though(!)

1 Like

I forgot to mention as I didn’t show it in my dress rehearsal (but it is included in Pete Smith’s show report) the neat little Monogram Little John XM-47 missile:

The original Monogram Jeep comes as part of the kit but I hope to replace that in due course; shown here just for effect. Most of the modelling public on Sunday hadn’t even heard of it.

4 Likes