YPR-765 / NATO AIFV questions

I am doing some research for a future project and coming up a bit short. I am planning on building a NATO AIFV w/25mm gun in Ukraine with full interior. I am looking for interior pics that show the turret interior. I have found plenty looking in through the rear ramp, so I have the basic layout. I just can’t find any pics of the turret interior. Any help appreciated.

2 Likes

Here are some scanned b&w pics from the venerable Military Ordnance Special #21 “YPR-765 in Dutch Service” (Darlington Prod. 1997) that may help…

H.P.

Thanks Frenchy. Those help a lot.

OK, next question. A few years ago, someone (sorry, don’t remember who) on here did a YPR with interior and it looked like he had a PE set for the interior, including the turret interior bulkheads. Here are a few pics of his great-looking project.

yprax
yprbd

Has anyone seen an interior PE set for the YPR-765 or NATO AIFV? I can’t find any reference to one anywhere. Or is the builder of the above out there?

2 Likes

Could it be he used a M113 interior set?
Because I have just used the (plastic) interior set of Tamiya M113 ACAV in my YPR 567, fits without major problems…

And you might want to check this guys work on a
Dutch YPR with full scratched interior

5 Likes

Yup, I will be doing the same for the basic interior. I am specifically looking for the turret surround / mesh parts that are specific to the YPR-765 PIR w/25mm turret.

1 Like

Another question. I may do a YPR-765A1 PRI.50 infantry carrier version with just an MG ring up top. Is the cupola in place of the 25mm turret a standard M113 cupola? It looks to be so, esp. with the ACAV gunshields that are common on Ukranian YPR-765s.

I guess it’s the standard M113 .50 Cal MG mount with the ACAV kit armor

H.P.

1 Like

Found my own answer.

" YPR-765 PRI.50 — armoured personnel carrier with a .50-caliber M2 HB machine gun on an M113-type cupola in place of a turret.

ExtraTech did two etch sets for the YPR/AIFV numbers 35021 and 35037. Long out of production.

Re the cupola, from the Military Ordnance pamphlet HP mentioned above:

I think it is safe to assume the shields added to the cupola would be the standard type used on the ACAV’s, acquired with the cupola parts.

1 Like

You are right about the cupola, is from M113.
For that rack on the back and sets for different versions of the YPR:
sylly’s models

1 Like

doesnt Academy’s KIFV have a full interior thats similar?

Sort of, but not really. The basic interior is just an M113 interior. I’ve got that covered. I am looking for a PE set to replicate the turret parts and surround. That will be for a later day.

I decided to go with a Ukraine YPR-765 PRI .50 APC for now, something like this.

2 Likes