1/16 JagdTiger Trumpeter+Aftermarket

Hi all! I start building a model of a self-propelled artillery mount Panzerjager Tiger ausf. B “JagdTiger” in my favorite scale 1:16. Photos of what is happening at the moment will be posted here soon. I will be glad to discuss with you the nuances, inaccuracies, details and much more. I’m here for the first time, so please do not judge strictly, I will be glad to advice and constructive criticism.

Best regards, Sergey aka Sergo012
=)

3 Likes

My friend made a 12.8 cm PAK 80 barrel of aluminum for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

He also made gunpowder charges and shells.

4 Likes

I made an engraving depicting gunpowder charge parks: PzGr and SprGr

6 Likes

To order, I was made decals marked with shells and gunpowder charges, as well as side number “305020”: this is “331” from 653 abt 3th company, lieutenant Kasper Geggler (today - Aberdeen museum).

6 Likes

I started working on Yagdtiger unusually: first the trucks. Each of the 110 connecting tracks has 7 traces of pushers, which were smeared with putty. We’re going to be treated with sandpaper. There is no such problem on gear trucks.

P.S.: Ended sandpaper 2000 and 2500 -_-

4 Likes

To get acquainted with the experience of other modellers (unlike me very famous), he bought two books about the experience of building royal cats: David Parker and Sam Dwyer. For in-depth immersion in accordance with the real prototype, I plan to buy a recently published Russian-language publication about the history of production and construction. I hope it’s possible not to torment him with questions :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here’s the set itself: the weight of the box is more than 8 kilograms. Due to the use of additional sets from aber and metal barrels + shells, the weight of the finished model will be significantly higher.

7 Likes

Levelled the traces of pushers in the hull bath. It was a hard test, which took a pack of sandpaper 400 and a pack of paper 2000. It took a whole day at work.

8 Likes

Welcome Sergey to Armorama. Looks like you are off to a very ambitious start to a super - detailed build. Your work is outstanding. I will follow along with this build with great interest!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!

yes, you are right, I plan to spend the next 10 years creating something similar to the Jagdtiger self-propelled guns. xD

I will try to share progress, information, findings on the correspondence to the prototype, additions that I plan to apply, and much more. Get in touch! Write, like, enjoy! =)

4 Likes

Not my area of interest but the work is great. Love the shells. :+1:

3 Likes

Wow! I will be following this one!

2 Likes

My friend Ilya (instagram - @il.kobrakov) made the most openwork set of the MG-42 machine gun with removed bipods at my request for a lot of money. 3D printing level 8k. You can see through the cooling housing of the barrel, there are beautiful holes in the casing itself. Great barrel! And what do you think?

6 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Very nice! Hope you enjoy)

2 Likes

Worked on gunpowder charges: smeared the outlet with epoxy putty Tamiya. Aligned with sandpaper. I’m thinking of working on a capsule. Ready to listen to the options.

5 Likes

Ready-made gunpowder charges after grinding look like this:

5 Likes

This will be huge, and of course welcome Sergey. The detailing looks amazing and the shells and charge casings look so good. The MG detailing is excellent :+1:

5 Likes

The next step, having put aside many previous ones (for example, I could have already processed all 110 connecting trucks, but sandpaper is just coming to me), I did the following: I checked with a photo the appearance of the seats of the reinforcement fixers and the appearance of the landing holes for torsions. Trumpeter has no welds, which can be seen in the photo of a real jagdtiger. Removed the convex parts at the base of the parts with sharp chisels, treated with 400 sandpaper, wait for 2000 and 2500 sandpaper for finishing.

3 Likes