1/16 Panzer I Ausf. A - Takom 1008

I think the tracks are laying on the front Slope and have no brackets.

I think so too. After searching some more, I found these photos courtesy of Brit Modeller forum.

50185141967_5d6d3aa521_z

Can’t quite make out how those are attached, but they can be seen on active equipment, all though in a different location.

1 Like

Probably held down by wire.

How do you reckon these jerry cans are attached, wire too? I am going to 3D print some to add to the model.

I think you can see a wire going over the cans to the hull lifting hook?

Oh yeah, now that I look, I think you are correct. Nice little detail to add, HomeBrewParts has some really nice models of jerry cans.

Playing around with some final details now :D. Still undecided on the front bow track armour.

2 Likes

I like those cans!
What about the tubes going to the mufflers? Are the kit parts ok?
What about the tube going from the brakes?

Yeah, the cans have great detail, and with multiple manufacturers and production dates available to print, which was good for me since I want to depict this vehicle in a particular timeframe.

The kit provided parts for the mufflers, I felt were acceptable. I did download a 3D model from Faustus models, but the file only had one side, so I didn’t bother.

As for the transmission or brake(?) cooling pipe. the kit provided part is a bit shy on detail. I did accidentally break of the little nubs from the part which attach it to the fenders, so I had to make those out of some brass sheet. I didn’t want to take the time to design the part, as I want to move onto paint and be done with the build.

1 Like

I was thinking those parts would be hard to clean up all those ribs.

They really were, but nothing a little TLC couldn’t solve!

1 Like

Mirror the File?

Got to gluing the other parts down before I downloaded the file, so while I could mirror it (doh!), the cleanup would be be same and I would have to remove the old parts.

By the way, this is the exhaust I could 3D print. I don’t know how more/less accurate it is compared to the kit part.

I think the kit part probably looks ok.

Finally I got around to painting. I’m always concerned about painting because I suck at it. Got a new airbrush and switched from AK Real Color to Mission Models paint. The mission model stuff sprays like a dream, no tip drying and so forgiving. Love it.

I decided I would try pre shading, first time trying this. Also added some fine chain to the smoke launchers before paint… it was a pain in the neck, took forever to get them attached without using glue.

2 Likes

I love AK paints

I do too, but the mission models stuff sprays so well and no smell. The bottles are also way nicer for dispensing paint.

That is true! Hate the smell