1/35 m1167 tow

This is gonna be my next project…. I gonna try to make a m1167 (i think thats what it’s called) out of this, i think it should work. Hopefully this will be a quick project and nothing hopefully nothing to crazy!

3 Likes

M1167/M1167A1 is the correct nomenclature for the TOW Carrier based on the ECV Humvee.

Go here first for reference.

M1167 TOW Carrier Walk Around Page 1 (primeportal.net)

it will help a ton to get everything properly situated.

I will follow this thread since i really love building Humvees. :+1:

3 Likes

I have no idea how i missed that…. I been looking everywhere but never checked primeportal… thanks! Some pictures i can’t find are racked live ammo…

Are the ID strips covered when secured in the rack?

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll be following this with great interest. I’m a TOW Master Gunner. I have the same Legends sets. They are very well detailed and very accurate. Reynier has set you up with excellent references. That should be all you need. Have fun with the build!

2 Likes

You can also get your hands on this kit from Samofalov prototyping (on Shapeways);This kit provides the components that are missing from the Legend Sets.

35_SPm027_TOW09_HMMWV_addition_s1x35 (T92QLQ3A9) by samofptr (shapeways.com)

it includes the TOW ITAS sight interior mount, TOW ground tripod rack and the SATCOM antenna mount.

This is where you would strap down the tripod for the ground-mount TOW launcher.

1 Like

I guess the id marks aren’t covered by the rack… crap…. I gonna try to make some decals tonight

1 Like

These tubes are from the BGM-71F variant of the TOW; these are the Top Attack variant.

1 Like

Thank for the info on the shapeways kit but i think i Gonna pass on that… I’m kinda hoping Bronco will create a m1167 kit…. There m1114’s are the best…. This academy kit is missing a lot of interior details

Top attack variant?

1 Like

Top attack missiles are designed to target the top of an enemy tank, where theoretically, the armor is weaker. Some missiles like the Javelin use a flight arch during launch; the Tow detonates a shaped charge downwards while it flies in a straight line towards the target (CLOS targeting).

This is what a Top Attack TOW missile does to a combat loaded (with ammunition) T-72.

Super Slomo video of a TOW missile detonating over an M60A1 target.

2 Likes

Those were purdy. I really like the T-72 video.

1 Like

A note on the markings. The yellow stripe is the live warhead end; brown stripe is the rocket motor end; blue stripe is an inert practice round “warhead” end.

3 Likes

Like i posted earlier with the live rocket tubes, Brown stripe to the back (rocket) end; yellow for front (warhead) end.

Blue always means INERT/TRAINING.

1 Like

Those videos were pretty awesome! And thanks for the info about the different colored stripes. Anybody know how i can contact bronco models for a decal sheet?

2 Likes

You could try Echelon Decals for the HMMWV decals, depending on wherever you want to build it as a US Army, USMC vehicle.

1 Like

It’s easy if you remember brown stripe (poop) means rear end.

2 Likes

Got some updates!

3 Likes