1/35 M35A1 Quad gun truck

It is looking great. Good job on the base and the rest of the gun unit.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

@SSGToms Matt, I really take this as the highest compliment, thank you. :grin:

Flat coat on.

Debating how heavy to go with the weathering.
I think I read somewhere that the Quads didn’t always travel with the convoys like a regular gun box gun truck and were fairly cleaner?

Never the less I think I will keep the weathering pretty light ( unusual for me…) with just a tiny bit of chipping and slightly muddy lower hull and wheels. But I will have the steel bed covered in fuel stains, and muddy footprints from the gun crew, as well as the mandatory gun truck piles of .50 cal ammo containers.

Would it seen weird if I included empty .50 casings in some corners?

5 Likes

Ezra, Your light-duty weathering plan sounds really good. I’ll be watching with interest since I always tend to stall-out when it comes to the weathering stage.

Will you be using some sort of red clay or the brown color for Vietnam mud? I was just surfing and stumbled upon this really cool image.

—mike

Ezra, That turned out really nice!..GREAT job!..Like the paint job and weathering.
Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks guys! :grin:

Mike, I will be adding some red mud to the lower parts and wheels but other then that I wanna keep chipping and rust pretty light.

Joe, thanks buddy!

1 Like

Weathering underway.

Some dry mud has been applied to the lower chassis and strecking has been added with enamels. The quad .50 has been glued down.

Next is to paint the M60, finish the quad .50 wheels, add ammo cans, M16s, empty ammo cans, grease stained rags and muddy footprints to the bed, add a 40mm gernade launcher inside the cab and a road map. Then finally add wet fuel and grease stains, some wet mud, and a few puddles of water in the bed.
( One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months.- Forrest Gump)

8 Likes

It’s looking great. Coming along nicely.

1 Like

Yea, but look what happened when it stopped raining!
Ken

1 Like

Looking really good! :slightly_smiling_face:

—mike

Only 3 hours? Must not have been that bad after all :rofl:

I normally have to go off to the corner for a few days to regain my composure!

Your truck is looking excellent so far. Keep it up.

yeah, the truck’s lookin’ great!
Cheers!
L

Thanks guys!
Ive decided Nancy looks to clean so I will be adding chipping and rust to it before moving any father.

smart move there.
Looks pretty good!
Cheers!
L

Chipping finished… I tried to go pretty light with it.

Here is a layout of the stuff I plan to have laying around.
(everything needs to be painted.)
Gernade launcher and road map in the cab.

Boxes of ammo, a few M16s and a rag in the bed.

Any thoughts on the layout?

Looking good. Another option is to fill the bed w/either the ammo cans or sand bags. The ammo cans were used as extra mine protection by filling them w/dirt and using them to line the bed floor.

2 Likes

Hi Ezra!

Always treat the gun as loaded.
Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.

Light chipping looks good! :slightly_smiling_face:

—mike

3 Likes

To follow that up those great rules, my survey chief always said, if it can fall it will so put it on the deck.

2 Likes

Nice lookin’ build Young Gun! Hard Core!

Cajun :crocodile:

You have done an EXCELLENT job on that vehicle!
Cheers,

1 Like

yes, I agree with them!
I do have some advice.
even though it may be too late, the ammo boxes and the weapons (E.G. the M16 and the M79)
would look a bit better if painted- unless I just can’t see that they are!
Cheers!
L