1/35 M35A1 Quad gun truck

Thanks guys!

even though it may be too late, the ammo boxes and the weapons (E.G. the M16 and the M79)
would look a bit better if painted- unless I just can’t see that they are!

Yah they arent painted yet as I was just placing them to see if I liked the layout. They will 100% be painted though before I add them to the finished model…which still has a way to go.

ok!
Cheers!
L

Ok guys I know its been awhile but Ive gotten a bit of work done on “Nancy” and shes close to the finish line.

Still a bit more to do though!

10 Likes

Ezra,
Its looking real good as is…looking forward to seeing it finished!
Cheers,

1 Like

Excellent job there, taking down notes for when I start mine.

1 Like

Looking great Ezra. The trailer/gun base came out great. Weathering looks good too.

1 Like

Looking excellent as always Ezra!

1 Like

Hi Ezra, That’s an outstanding job on the weathering! Looks just right IMHO.

—mike

Thanks guys!
I got the wire on the winch (?) done today.

Doesn’t look perfect but I can live with it.

Chris (@Chris_Bryan) also agreed to cast me rows of .50 cal ammo cans to line the sides of the gun bed. So that will look awesome.

2 Likes

I am working those up with some other stuff and will have it soon … The truck looks really good

1 Like

No rush Chris!

I just bought these goodies from Sprue Brothers to (hopefully) add some interest to the finished build.

Im planning on showing the truck as it would look coming back from a patrol, so a few ammo cans will be empty and there will be some empty shell casings scattered next to the quad and M60’s.

1 Like

How many bags of shell casings did you get, cause that’s enough for just one trigger pull on each gun if individual. Myself, I would want to make the weapons cleaning more worth it then one pull.

I only got one bag (25 casings) cuz the bed will mostly stuffed with ammo cans so I dont want to over do the effect.

I was unhappy with the painted look the mirrors had so I cut out and glued on some tin foil. ( Im to cheap to buy BMF) I think it looks much better.

5 Likes

I get that and it’s your model. Each .50 box ammo holds hundred rounds. So only a quarter of one can. Looks like 40mm cans you have mounted. 25 casings would be a drop in the bucket so to speak.

1 Like

Hi Ezra, The rear-views look great!:mirror: As you’ve shown, well-coordinated raids on the kitchen for foil is always a good idea. :ninja:

—mike

2 Likes

Ezra . I dont buy the high priced foil either and when I did in the past it was a colossal let down .
You my friend are walking in the footsteps of model building giants from the past by choosing to find solutions to problems . Yes you are filling those footsteps quite well

2 Likes

Don’t go giving the kid a swelled head now Chris.

5 Likes

The kid is doing a good job . When he gets to big for his britches we can just shove him into a big model box and ship him off to bigheadastan

4 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Hahaha Okay okay that’s a deal.

2 Likes

If we fold him small enough we can use a smaller box and save on postage.

2 Likes