1/35 m777?

Nothing is to difficult for injection molding. It´s only a matter of money, But I don´t know if some us will spend USD/EUR 100 for a plastic gun kit. I saw yesterday Trumpeters 1S91 SURN radar kit in my LHS for 120 Euros!

Is it me or is there no detail inside the breech ring and on the breech itself?

@Artyom, it is there but very subtle.

@18bravo, at 1:35 inside of the breach is only visible if you are in eye-ball defilade with your nose on the edge of the table. Here is a WIP shot of the breech. I hope to finish up with the hydraulic and electrical cabling today and then add the bits that tend to get broken off - handwheels, brackets, traversing mechanism, spade latches, etc.

I was referring more to the breech block itself. I couldn’t see the detail well enough. Your last shot shows it pretty well.

1 Like

Well, I think it is ready for primer. I’ve left off the airbrake hoses for now and am missing a GDU. I could have spent another week of modeling time adding hydraulic hoses and electrical cables, but I’m heading out on vacation instead.

I’ll be back to paint and weather it in 2 weeks. I plan to have it done for the IPMS Nationals.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for this post. Screw the big companies; they are too slow. if we want niche models, cad drawing and 3d printing is the future. Since it’s a small business, as others pointed out, modifications can be made « on the spot ». I’m following with great interest; do you think he would be open to make a canadian version ?

Can someone send a copy of the M777 instructions? I could not locate them on the Vargas website.

Received the instruction pdf from Mr Vargas today. Mainly individual images showing particular parts placement, plus a lot of wire/hydraulic lines placement. About 50% of the pdf is additional Vargas kit listings.

Once I wrap the HEMTT Wrecker on the bench, the M777 is next. I finished the HET already.

Here are a couple of in-process shots with paint on it. I’m adding some homemade decals for stenciling and data plates and will start weathering this afternoon. I plan to have it at the Nats next week along with the Vargas M119.

7 Likes

Very nice. It is looking great.

1 Like

I’m calling it done. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out and very happy to have this in my collection of US artillery.

10 Likes

Very nice. Great job on it.

1 Like

It looks awesome. Outstanding job.

1 Like

Thank you. It was a fun project. I waited a long time for someone to produce a kit of the M777 in 1:35. It was worth the wait.

I purchased an M777 along with their M119 kit. Both are superb models!

And I agree that you have made an excellent job there @taylorrl

Terry

1 Like

Thanks Terry. The M119 builds up nicely also. Mine is at M119 105mm Howitzer - Vargas - Armor/AFV / Modern - KitMaker Network

Vargas made a couple of improvements based upon feedback.

Rick

1 Like

I just pulled the trigger and ordered one. Should have it next week. I may have to do a version of the Cheshire Cat FMTV w/M777 from Ukraine.

4 Likes

Previous pictures on the “Armour of the Ukraine Crisis” thread show the “Cheshire Cat” FMTV more closely.

I thought this one was interesting:

2 Likes

Yup, prior owners - 2-3 FA, 1 AR DIV out of Ft. Bliss, TX.

2 Likes