1:35 Rest in west 1940

Sleepers! In thought they were wounded! For sleepers, they are in the wrong spot. I would not go asleep in the middle of the road, but more on the sidewalk…

If you turn on the sound while watching that picture you can hear them snore…

Just like the vid in my Encounter dio :wink:

Hi guys I do not really understand what you mean. should I remove them or should they remain? or moved to another location.
Would be happy for a suggestion / Micke

Excellent details everywhere! I’m highly fascinated by your soldering jig. Is that something you made yourself?

Hi I wish I had figured it out myself but it was bought from Fohremann-werkzeuge in Germany

I’d remove them. There is nothing wrong with some empty space. The rest of the diorama is busy enough to keep the eyes pleased.

Thanks for the answer and I’ll try to get rid of them.
Unfortunately, they are glued in place

Hopefully you get them off intact and won’t damage the base while doing so…

I managed to remove them without damage.
Shows some new pictures

6 Likes

Much better. The story is better in balance now…!!! :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Thanks ! I got an idea to rebuild the diorama.
I use the houses and the base and let US troops go into the village with a jeep and a pershing or a sherman and infantry riding on the tank as well as some walking soldiers who stop and talk to the civilian population who have come out to welcome the troops.

Hope you can give me comments if you think this can work or not / Micke

1 Like

Well I think this works pretty good as is. You could do the US troops as your next scene, and place them together, sort of a before-and-after effect. Just an idea.
Ken

Came late to this one Mikael, :pensive:, but WOW!, what a great build, the groundwork and buildings are amazing, as are the figures and vehicles, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G :beer:

Thank you all for good feedback and now I am preparing for the next dioram / Micke

You could also start anew with the same buildings, have them show war damage (bulletholes, destroyed glass), and then put the G.I. s in. Then put them next to eachother…

Thanks Erwin! I’ll think about it but have just started the next dio / Micke

That would also offer the opportunity to show the deterioration in the condition of the buildings as a result of either lack of maintenance materials available to civilians or battle damage.

What a great diorama, turned out brilliant

You could make that your next project, like how they make sequels in Hollywood, different director, different actors… :grinning: