1:35 RFM 5062 Challenger 2 Build

Well done Cats! Looks great with the dozer especially. I may be finished this time next year with mine, must stop procrastinating!

The badger would be a great project. There is a construction review on The Modelling News, looks to be a good kit;

Cheers, J.

Thank you and thank you for the link.
I like the articles on Modelling News but unless I am missing something obvious how do you search for a specific model?
I have only ever found links by Googling reviews for xxxx model and sometimes it pops up.

1 Like

No worries. There is a search box about halfway down the home page, on the left hand side. Although the badger is still one of the featured reviews on that side of the page.

Cheers, J.

1 Like

'Love this Chally; really looks the biz!

I always thought the so-called “Badger” would look good in a sort of trials in the Middle East scheme - sand over Bronze Green or such; oh, also a Cent cupola but with such a model one could let one’s imagination run riot. 'Hope you track one down (no pun intended) and the subsequent build.

1 Like

Outstanding finish; excellent weathering on an excellently executed model.

1 Like

Wasn’t too keen on this one at first but seeing the finished build with the weathering has brought me around. Really like the splash effects. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This is great work!

1 Like

Is this a what if paint scheme?

No, its based on various RTR Chally2s which are fitted out in this scheme.

1 Like

Hey Cats, it’s been since January since you wrote the above, and I’m guessing you won’t remember enough details to either agree or disagree with me, but I, too, have the Accurate Armour dozer blade. I have yet to get very far on my Challenger build, and have not even glued the towing brackets into place. But just doing some dry fitting, I would guess the ‘off center’ situation is closer to 2mm total, instead of 4mm, and I think I’ll have a choice of either leaving off the brackets, or slightly carving 1mm out of each of the ‘slots’, which will then allow the brackets to actually be glued in place. I’m hoping it works out this way for me.

Good luck with your build.

For some reason I have missed this great and informative thread.
The finish is brilliant.

Olivier

1 Like