1/35 Takom SADF G6 Rhino

I have “half” assembled the hull. From the side it comically looks like one of the early AT AT walkers from the clone wars with a leg missing
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Anyway, more importantly, I am making progress.

I will need to ponder about the headlights as they are different in the prototypes. Not encased in guarding.

Till the next update :vulcan_salute:t3:

4 Likes

And its about the same size :smiley:

Despite having seen a G6 in person I was honestly surprised at how big this kit ended up being. Its a massive beast.

2 Likes

Cool, where did you manage see one in person?

My only exposure was when we did a tour of the factory (LEW) where they made them, when I was in the airforce.

1 Like

Many years ago at the South African National Museum of Military History in Johannesburg. I am planning to going again in late March when I visit SA again. I will be taking many photos :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My research has paid off and I have imagery of the original headlights fitted to the G6 and contrary to my initial assumption they are protected with an armoured housing.
headlights - prototype

They look like old school Hella fog lamps stacked on top of each other. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Whilst watching this short video I realised that I had misinterpreted the LH turret copula. This as well as the lights will require some surgery.

Till next time! :vulcan_salute:t3:

2 Likes

Hi all, it has been a while. Went off the boil for a while, now I am slowly returning.

I have modified the left hand copula and have started modifying the front armoured plate with new headlights.

I’ll post images shortly.

1 Like

Apparently I lied. I visited the museum but somehow only took 1 pic of their Rhino :confused:

4 Likes

Nice build,saw one of the prototypes on the border in 1988 in Ondangwa before crossing into Angola with 32 batt.

3 Likes

Fantastic photo! This shows the “same” armoured housing for the headlights, just with round headlights instead of rectangular ones shown in the video and early photo’s.

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

1 Like

Respect, dude! :saluting_face:

1 Like

Thnxs

2 Likes