1/35 Tamiya Stug iii b

Hey guys! Well today I have a build I just finished and cant wait to start painting. Its the Tamiya Stug iii b with Dragon tools, Takom tracks, some added metal details, resin stowage as well as bending the fenders a little with pliers.
And I will be using @Armor_Buff 's technique for painting.

Yes I know the cast texture prolly wouldnt be there in real life on the upperhull but I felt like the Tamiya plastic was to smooth, (Im taking after you @DennisatAutoloader :rofl:) so I added it with Tamiya putty thinned with Lacquer thinner.

The interior was painted up really quick in like 4 hours pretty much OOB, I just added straps to the MP-40’s and a tiny bit of wiring to the radio.

There was some wet thinner on the floor when I took the pic so ignore the sheen.

Yes, I know this seems like alot of work but I really did it in 2 days.

Ooh and here it is with a 1/100 Stug iii b

Whatcha think?

15 Likes

Vindication.

It’s worth pointing out that you can dilute the putty until it’s extremely thin, so as to not create a cast texture. The build is looking fantastic Ezra! I can’t wait to see how you approach the exterior.

Dennis

1 Like

Really looking great Ezra,keep it coming

1 Like

You do go to school too sometimes right Ezra? Like you’re not spending all day hiding in the basement?

2 Likes

Or course he does, he goes to school everytime he logs on here and schools us

Me looking at my archer that took me 4 months: “wow I’m really happy with this, I crushed it”

Ezra posts equal or better work that took him 2 days as my soul slowly crushes

2 Likes

At least you’re capable of ordering the right vehicles for a project. I just, once again, realized I have the wrong variant for a build I have planned.

1 Like

Oh no :joy: hopefully you still like the other variant

1 Like

@Panzer_modeler Ezra, that well built Stug has a sweet looking interior. Looking forward to seeing the paint & weathering!

1 Like

Looking great! I will follow along.

Bill

1 Like

Thanks alot guys!

Like you’re not spending all day hiding in the basement?

Naaaa @Canmedic, thats Dennis’s thing. :joy:

Me looking at my archer that took me 4 months: “wow I’m really happy with this, I crushed it”

Comeon @Mead93 your Archer is a work of art, especially that interior. I just hope my exterior finish is close to yours.

Well all who were hoping to see the Stug painted today will have to wait a bit longer. I was looking at ref pics and found some interesting things I wanted to add to mine.

Case in point, look at this pic with the track mounts and that weird roadwheel mount.

So I added it to my model.

Also look at this…

No straps holding the boxes down! And because I know unsecured stowage will piss people off I got one that looked really close to the one in the pic from @Chris_Bryan and added it. no ropes

And here it is disassembled for painting.

SWMBO is coming over later so I probably wont be able to start painting until tonight, but it will happen! (Im gonna try to get here to build a Tamiya kit today…)

4 Likes

The speed at which you and Dennis build blows me away. You guys do in 2 days what I do in 2 months

2 Likes

Wow Ezra 2 days? You’re phenomenal. Fantastic solid build, looks excellent. Detailing is awesome.

1 Like

Nice! Worth the wait for those additions. I wonder if those crates are secured from the bottom somehow?

And what will SWMBO’s inaugural build be?

1 Like

It looks like the tow cable is wrapped around the base of the boxes.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

And what will SWMBO’s inaugural build be?

@Canmedic its gonna be the Tamiya Sd.Kfz.251/9 Ausf.D, a really nice simple kit. :grin:

2 Likes

With you guiding her, she’ll be out building us all by kit #3

2 Likes

That’s not even funny. My gf’s first kit was an airfix 1/72 jeep and she outbuilt me by MILES.

1 Like

Well I promised paint on tonight and I shall deliver. :grin:

Painted with a custom Panzer grey mix and I worked really hard on color modulation but sadly the clearcoat hid most of it! Ooh well it looks good enough in my opinion and I feel like its not to dark but also not super light.

I also threw the decals on and I really like how the stugs shaping up.

Weathering is gonna be so much fun.

Thanks to everyone still following along!

9 Likes

She looks awesome in grey Ezra!

1 Like

Looks great.
Looking forward to the end result.

1 Like