1/35 Type 16

I’m no expert (and no Japanese either :wink:) but I’m not sure you would find such paving in these areas…

H.P.

1 Like

True enough :joy: It’s a shame there aren’t really any kits for this kind of road, but best I can tell in some of the less-developed rural areas cobblestone streets are still the standard, although unfortunately they all look much nicer than the paving in the kit! I think this might take some modifications yet.

1 Like

Morning all;

The figures are done! Painting the crew has always been an area somewhat outside of my comfort zone - it’s the facepainting that always gets me! I fortunately had the assistance of the guide from Shep Paine’s Guide to Armour Modelling. These are definitely the best figures I’ve made yet, and I’m especially happy with the loader torso. If anything, now I know what mistakes not to make!

Here’s how the finished torsos look:

Thanks for stopping by!

• Dennis
6 Likes

Looks great all finished!

2 Likes

Super paint job on both vehicle and the figures!
Cheers,

2 Likes

@DennisatAutoloader Dennis very nicely done ans highly motivating!
A++

Had to order the kit after seeing your build:)

2 Likes

Morning all;

Work continues on the barn! Unfortunately, the instructions were vague and the parts a bit squirrely, but with a healthy amount of putty it’s slowly taking shape!

Off to the hobby store!
-Dennis

4 Likes

Hi all;

Just a brief update on things. Each weekend I work at the store so I try to get some time on the build in at night. Unfortunately, school has other ideas, and as such I may be able to return to the diorama tomorrow evening! Much sanding will be done, as well as some painting, hopefully. I also have another project on the bench! Our store is having a little friendly competition on who can build the best car model, so I’ll be throwing my hat in the ring with a little custom Prius in 1/32. I’ll be looting lots of race parts and scratchbuilding a battery pack from a Tesla, so I’ll be starting a thread on that once the Type 16 diorama is complete. Hope everyone is well and your projects are coming along smoothly.

Regards;
Dennis

2 Likes

Morning all!

Today wraps up my Type 16 project. The diorama is finished, and all that’s left to do is buy a suitable frame for it. This kit has been an absolute joy to build, it certainly surpassed my expectations. I enjoyed the MiniArt base as well, and I’d have to recommend both if you ever want to add to the stash! Thanks to everyone who took the time to look at the build and to those who offered their thoughts. I’m going to post a full-post build review on my website soon so be sure to follow the link that will come!

If you want to see what I’m working on right now, I’ll be in the car section until the 15th!
Regards,
Dennis

4 Likes

Wonderful build, Dennis! If it was a joy for you to build it, it was a joy for me to follow it. As I’ve mentioned before, I have the same kit in my stash and I hope to come somewhere near your outcome. I really appreciate, that you didn’t weather it too much. I think these vehicles are kept in clean condition.

Torsten
:wave:

1 Like

Stellar work Dennis. You’ve got a great scene to display a nicely done vehicle.

1 Like

Ditto that!
Love the really lightly weathered look and the figs look good as well.

1 Like

Definitely have to get this now. Think I’m going to go on a JSDF binge.

1 Like

As promised, here’s the review!

https://www.autoloaderdecals.ca/blog/params/post/2668596/entry-no-10-tamiya-type-16-mcv-review

2 Likes

Very nice dio Dennis. I suggest you give the cobblestones a more dirty look.

Olivier

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this build. I have it and 2 Type 90 tanks and the new light armoured vehicle. I hope to use these in my 1st diorama.
You have built a lovely model and diorama.

1 Like

Congratulations on a nice building work. :+1:
The representation of grass as a disguise by JGSDF is very good.
Then, I don’t feel any different about the cobblestone. In fact, in new residential areas, there are places that have such a style because they yearn for a European-style landscape.
Its been imagined that it was not a normal, but an emergency situation of some kind. In fact, the MCV is equipped for just such a situation.

1 Like