1/350 Airfix Type 45 HMS Dragon or is it Dauntless...?

@RedDuster Thanks Si :slightly_smiling_face:

The paint is a newish tin of Humbrol’s enamel brass-it’s okay (metallic fragments are oversize to my liking), but it’s not a patch on the paint they were offering 30 odd years ago: they were so much better then.

Hi Mate,

at least I’m back following here…
Great to see HMS Dauntless alive and progressing. Let’s talk glaciers…

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Thanks mate :slightly_smiling_face:

Great to have you back on board again :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah yes, Glaciers… those pesky real life tasks making it easy for the glaciers to get out ahead of us :woozy_face:

1 Like

Friends! :slightly_smiling_face:

For the last update for the year, some minor progress on Dauntless: harpoon launchers; VLS (Vertical Launch System); Radar; and rudders.

The dockyard workers are now on annual leave for the festive season and will return next year as they begin work on the superstructure!

Thanks once again for following along friends, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

:santa: :christmas_tree: :bell: :slightly_smiling_face:

PS. May the man in the red suit deliver suitably hobby related presents! :relaxed:

11 Likes

Russell your dockyard workers truly deserved a few days off without their blowtorch and welding equipment :blush: Have some nice holidays :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Give those workers some shore leave. Great paint job Russ.

1 Like

Russell,

Great work on the Radar, VLS and Harpoon - concur with others regarding time off for your ship workers - well deserved.

Hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

David

1 Like

Nice additions to the build Russell, these tubs always look better and more like fighting ships when the armaments start going on. :+1:

2 Likes

Friends! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanking you all so much for your kind words. It definitely helps keep me motivated to finish this build!

For the moment, the dock yards are closed due to the holidays, but will resume operations soon!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all the best for 2022 and beyond! :hugs:

1 Like

Russelle, very nice work on your build, looking very clear and sharp.

Mark :beer:

2 Likes

Hi Russ,

Nice progress, looking very good, what all the other guys said. :grin:

Cheers

Si

2 Likes

Such a great build so far .
I have still got this kit to make but looking at the build of yours I am wondering if I would be able to do it justice after seeing your great work but I aim to give it a go.
I will try to send photos but not always easy for me .q

1 Like

@bootneck Hi Peter :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your kind words. At the moment I’ve let the glacier get away from me and it’s winning this race, as I focus on a wing-thing that I’m building. Should be finished by Easter, allowing me to return to the Dauntless… :crossed_fingers:

The kit in and of itself isn’t that complicated, but, and this is a really big “but”, it really comes down to whether you’ve got a dodgy molding of the kit. In which case there’s choppy seas ahead and the kit will need a fair amount of elbow grease to work it up to standard :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Pretty picture I found of Dauntless sailing alongside HMS Astute.

5 Likes

Ooo, now there’s a diorama! :+1:

Used to think the 45’s were a bit awkward looking but the shapes grown on me lot since having one sitting on the display shelf…

Work on which is slowly getting underway again :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Dauntless and Daring underway. Good view of the different grey on her radar domes etc

3 Likes

Just catching up with this one Russell. Love the work you have done so far. Very interesting KIt by the look of it…Cheers Mark

1 Like

@McRunty inspirational pics Rory! Thanks mate.

If only the Airfix kit would play nice…:wink:

@surfsup hey Mark, great to have you on board for the ride! :slightly_smiling_face:

It sure is an interesting kit: fighting me every step of the way… Ah Airfix…

1 Like

Russell that’s why they call it a Hobby…I think. What’s the fun in a Shake and Bake Kit… :grin: :grin:

1 Like

I’m with you, Russ - I don’t seem to enjoy any build unless there’s some element of challenge and frustration… but I’ve been enjoying watching you meet each of Airfix’s dastardly challenges in turn! Keep up the good work - as always, you’ll prevail in the end!

2 Likes