1/350 HMS Nelson and Rodney

As some of you may be aware, a 1/350 HMS Nelson and Rodney has been in Trumpeters catalogue for a number of years now, but to this date, neither have materialized

Scouring around the internet as I tend to do, I was looking at the new 2022 catalogue that has just been leaked and noticed that Nelson and Rodney have made their way into the “New Items” page of the catalogue.

Could this mean an imminent release for the Queen’s houses? :thinking:

2 Likes

In a way I hope not. My wallet could not support the expense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Hehe Rory, my words :grimacing: Maybe we can make a solomonic decision: Instead buying all two or neither one we will decide for just one of them :yum:

1 Like

They are like Pokemon. Gotta get them all!

1 Like

As much as I’d like a Nelson and/or Rodney what caught my attention is the HMS Naiad in that picture.

1 Like

All of the Dido class listed look good to be honest.

2 Likes

We all must make sacrifices, Rory :crazy_face: This is one that will definitely crack open the treasury to allow Rodney go alongside KGV! :grin:

Naiad is interesting, but a Norfolk class… ooo, oneday!!! :star_struck:

Let’s just hope Trumpeter really mean it this time, when they say these are new for 2022! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I sure am hopeful that these kits would be released soon. These two would be the last two ship kits I purchase to fill out my stash. The 1/700 is to small and the 1/200 is way to large to fit in the house.

Mark :beer:

2 Likes

I agree Mark! For a long time now, they have been overlooked in this scale :thinking:

Where Trumpeter is concerned, it’s vapourware until there is boxart, parts test shots and photographs of it at one of the far eastern trade fayres.

2 Likes

The 1/700 Langleys are the ones I want

Still listed as a “New release” in Trumpeter’s 2023-2024 catalogue…

There is hope yet… :crossed_fingers:

Might be nice to see some Dido cruisers as well :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah, if they really release those - Nelson, Rodney and the Didos, that would further enlarge my stash by some kits…

Chers
Jan ’

1 Like

I look forward to your post in 2025 with the exact same images :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Not exactly the same images, Rory, as the year will change to 2024-2025 :joy::joy::smiley:

One day, Jan, one day… :blush:

I have been waiting for the Trumpeter Nelson and Dido class releases for years, so that the aftermarket guys produce some proper sets and I can finally work on the resin kits I have. Still hoping… :pray: :pray:

1 Like

I’m happy for you and your Nelsons but I’m much happier to see the two versions of the Langley and the York scheduled

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it. Given that they’re just illustrated with the usual (doubtless unlicensed) IWM photographs I’m going to be bold and state those kits do not exist. Perhaps a scaled 3D model without re-engineering needed to refine it for 1/350, but certainly no tooling cut at all. It’s only when they are forced to pay someone for box art are they actually close to having something to sell.

The Dido class is coming. I’d best get thinking about replacement paint guides as Trumpeter’s never fail to leave me wondering whether to laugh or cry.

2 Likes

Told the wife no more kit purchases as the stash has become too large, but I did say to her if a 1/350 Rodney came on the market I would purchase it.

1 Like