1/350 USS Arizona

Today I got to do one of my favourite things which is clean and tidy my work space to make it ready for the next project.

A very rare occurrence. Tidy-ish work space :rofl:

This means all construction on Arizona is complete. Only thing left is some gloss/matt coats and to attach the flag and then she will be completed :slight_smile:

Hopefully launch day in a day or two!

11 Likes

And the day has arrived :slight_smile:

This was easily the most frustrating and difficult ship I have ever put together. Not withstanding the terrible molding and inaccuracies of the base Hobby Boss kit, trying to get AM resin and PE that were not designed for each other to work was a painful process.

Still, at the end of the day it looks and quacks like a duck and I am mostly happy with the result.

Thank you all for following along and a huge thanks for the many bits of advice and encouraging words. I really couldn’t have done it without you all :grinning:

Now, onto the next project!

14 Likes

Rory,

congratulations on your commissioning! Great job done, a lot fighting thru, but in the end it pays off! Your Arizona looks superb, all your extra parts, PE and resin printed, really make difference and stand out!

Now I’m looking forward to following your PoW build.

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Rory, quite an accomplishment! Looks great! I think you really nailed it making the USS Arizona look sharp!

Fantastic achievement Rory! Congrats :clap::clap::clap: :beers:

The rigging is the icing on the cake :slightly_smiling_face:

Super work Rory, a real achievement! I bought that kit when it came out and saw so many compromises, crude structures and just plain inaccuracies that I just put it back in the box and couldn’t even bring myself to start it. What you have done in making this old dog into a detailed model is an inspiration.

Well done, sir! :grin: :+1: :+1:

Congratulations for this build Rory! I am glad now I resisted to buy the kit but I really enjoyed your build and see the beautiful outcome :+1:

:100: :100: :+1: :+1:

Excellent display! And I love the finish!

Excellent work. I’ve seen several of these at shows over the years but yours would hold it’s own with any of them.

I just want to add: Model Monkey also makes the necessary set to convert that USS Arizona into her sister, USS Pennsylvania. I built both, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Bill

1 Like