No flowery intro here, just a photo update on things that needed to be fixed, and now are.
I’ll start with the damaged national insignia decal under the stbd. wing. Here’s a glimpse of it back in Edmonton.
being sanded off and rescribed in Brooklyn,
and now reapplied.
I will always love the contrast between the grey star and the white bars.
Here’s the broken top to the #3 engine turbosupercharger.
Here are the replacement parts I mailed over.
And here is the repair, with a nice look into the interior of the wheel well and the bomb bay too
Here’s the model with the severed stbd. horizontal stabilizer
And here’s the part re-attached and puttied
then sanded and repainted
Finally, the scratch-built aft crew door has progressed from this
to this, with the primed #4 engine cowling off to the side.
Thanks to Marks, these are satisifying images to see. We are making progress.
I am leaving the sequence of work up to Marks, but inevitably we will have to return to the nose
the nose guns there, and what improvements he can make to the long-since ripped out bungie cords for the guns I tried to make (wait for it folks) back in December of 2016!
This is what, in a perfect world, should be replicated!
But this isn’t a perfect world, not with a closed fuselage! I view the task like building a ship in a bottle,
impossible for me, and I have no idea how it could be done. I’ve only asked Marks to give it a shot, and he’s considering it, and for that alone he has my thanks, regardless of the outcome.