1/48 Tamiya Me 262-Completed Cockpit-03/21

I got a very light coat RLM 76 applied to the bottom of the aircraft this morning.

6 Likes

Alright gang…

I had initially painted the topside colors and got the sides done…but wasn’t happy with the job on the sides as the darker colors came too far down from the top.

So…with “Take 2” I re-shot the RLM 76 on the sides again and then applied the mottle pattern back over it with outcome that looks more like what I’m shooting for…

6 Likes

Yeah, way better. Digging the look of that belly too.

1 Like

Thanks HG! I just wasn’t feelin’ round 1 very well.

1 Like

Nice work Joseph, tight job on the paint!

Cheers. D

1 Like

Nice work Joseph, tight job on the paint!

Cheers. D

2 Likes

Thanks D. I really appreciate that bud.

1 Like

Looks great, fantastic detail… nice one. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks ff!!

Gloss coat on…Vallejo acrylic…VERY tricky to deal with after using enamel and lacquer based clears for so long.

Now she’s starting to get some personality. Been goin’ on with the cals for the last few days. Those #3’s were giving me a little static but other than that everything else worked out. NOTE…Do NOT EVER buy decals from Peddinghaus. OMG they’re bad. I only used the big 3’s and the tail numbers out of the whole set. Just terrible in terms of out of scale lettering and walkway red dash sizes. It was like there was little to no research on them. For the rest of the stenciling decals I used the EagleCals set that I started out with on this one before I decided to build White 3.

4 Likes

Thanks for the decal heads up. Man that paint job looks great!

1 Like

Thanks HG!!

Finished up with all the decaling. Next up comes installation of the stabilizers as well as the washes and flat coat…

3 Likes

After the panel wash and the dull coat…

and she’s on her legs as of now. Not much more to go…just canopy, open panels for the gun bay, aerial antenna and some little stuff. Last update till completion

8 Likes

Looks great Joseph, very nice work on the weathered finish.

Cheers, D

1 Like

'Preciate that D! Looking to have this one completed within the next week…hopefully. lol

That is stunning . It looks like aircraft are your kung fu.

1 Like

Thanks for the very generous compliment Chris. Still got a ways to go skill wise but I’m feeling alot more comfortable in my own skin this time around.

1 Like

Looking real good Joe! Keep up the perfection, Joel

1 Like

You should be very pleased with your work , it’s incredible

1 Like

Thank you guys for the comments. I’m really hoping to finish this one up soon!!!

1 Like

Looking great Joseph.
I like that detail in the main wheel wheels.

1 Like