Thanks for the encouraging comments. Here are some more photos.
I built the armor plating for the driver for when he sticks his head out.
I then worked on the various items strewn about the deck. Here’s a progression shots for this part:
A) Original part
B) mid section replaced with brass and holes drilled
C) oblique view of part
D) super detailed and glued to the hull
Bottom photo shows additional securing straps and radio antenna from Zedval set. The photo etched crane hook came from the VT-55. Fender braces came from OKB T-55 update set. The crane hook visible in the picture came from the Armada Hobby VT-55 kit.
Bottom photo shows securing straps added. The straps also came from a Zedval set.
Jacks have also been updated. Grab handles were added. Bottom picture shows where they will be installed.
A) Photo of the real thing
B) Kit supplied parts removed from sprue
C) Hole were drilled
D) Added pegs and connectors. I then installed them on to the glacis. Securing brackets will still need to be installed. Note that a grab handle was added to the crane bar.
E) Securing brackets were added. Note the brush guards for the headlights which I scratch built using brass wires.
Not sure what these are or what they are for but these will add to the busy look of the deck. I created mine from scratch using a 1/35 version from my Takom T-55 kit as reference. Not an exact copy but I am okay with it.
I also worked on the shovels. I found that the kit supplied ones are on the thick side. I used the Hauler Russian Tools set and fashioned replacement shovels.
I also continued work on the gun tower. The DsHK and ammo cans came from the donor Revell kit. I fashioned the armor plating from spare plastic cards and then installed some grab handles.
I think it looks the part.
And finally, have decided to add a driver. I used one from Tankograd Russian Tankers in summer uniform.
Still more work ahead but I am happy with the progress so far.