101st AIRBORNE AT CARENTAN, JUNE 1944

Superb, just superb Ski. Up to you usual exceptional standards. The bike is beautifully crafted and well fitted out. Your color choices and weathering are fantastic.
Can’t wait to see the figures!

1 Like

Love the Trak-bike! :+1::+1:

1 Like

Weeeell I think there’s a crease in the tarp that ain’t going the right way, and there’s a leaf that - screw it that’s one beautiful piece of work Ski, a fairly close approximation to perfection :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, Mike!

Thanks, Matt, they are up to bat right now!

Tanks, Tank!

Ya, I saw that too, HA! Sometimes ya just gotta say, Flock it! :rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy: :wink:

Thanks, Gents.

4 Likes

Excellent work and the attention to detail is exactly what we knew was going to be presented… Outstanding :+1:

1 Like

You are too kind, thanks, Johnny!

2 Likes

Great job so far dude

1 Like

Tanks, Man!

1 Like

On pictures, you can see the details better than on the webcam! The results are awesome, in spite of all your struggles…
Nice to see you back in action again…

1 Like

Tanks, Erwin. Ya, pics do it better justice than the lousy web-cam, lol.

3 Likes

The web cam hadn’t recovered from showing Steve, so I don’t fault it too much. :joy:

3 Likes

Lol, looks who’s talkin, Mr. Handsome, HA!

2 Likes

Let’s Face It, again,…….

Finally, I’m back to painting the faces, my favorite part, because I have so much to learn. So much so that I’ve already given #4 a wash down at least three times. As some of you may remember, this happens pretty much every time I get back to painting faces. I recon a more analytical approach might help my process. The fact that I was rushing the process might have something to do with it, too. That was a Bozo No-no. So, I let go and let it happen, so far so good.

Here’s the line-up, but as you can see the fella in the back left has some serious eye issues that will need to be addressed before he gets a brush put to him. I was not impressed with this goofy overexaggerated face, but I’ll work with it as best as I can. A little scraping and putty work should bring him in line with the rest.

There is still quite a bit of work to be done to #4, but the basic tones are on and now some of the detail will be worked as soon as I get a hard dry on the oils. #3 has a very basic oil placement on him now, but he’s a long way behind #4.

Now that I’m happy with the eyes and the basic overall color tones I will work in the more defined shadows and highlights. I like to snap a few pics and scrutinize the faces on the computer where I can see just how they will appear once posted online. I already see areas of concern and they will be addressed soon enough.

I will also be using some of Mike-the-Kiwi’s techniques from his recently released book. The facial textures are what I’d like to learn and there’s no better time than the present. Also, I recently heard an interview from Mental Dental, David Lane, so I will work on some oil feathering as well. If I jack it up, I’ll break out the oven cleaner and Ruck Onward, what else am I gonna do, right?

You may have noticed the skin tone on #4 is much lighter than #3, but that will change to a more compatible appearance. Not everybody is going to look the same anyway, but I don’t want #4 looking sickly, if ya know what I mean. I was able to knock out #3 much quicker, within an hour or so. See, once back in the groove things move much more smoothly, or kinda sorta?

Thanks for watching. Cheers, Ski.

8 Likes

Looking as good as ever. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Tanks, Tank, ya got a “like” outta dat comments, HA!

2 Likes

Excellent job so far on those faces Ski!

1 Like

Really nice work with the main face there. The skin tones and shading are so clear and defined … (yes, thats said with envy … (and a very mild hint of loathing lol …only kidding mate) it really is very cool how you achieve that … looking forward to the rest. And that one that looks goofy - I wonder why whoever designed it thought it looked good … unless he was going for comedic value ??

1 Like

Great work on those facial tones- they are coming to life really nicely.

Man, you are a magician with the paint brush. Out-freakin-standing.

1 Like

Thank you, Gentlemen! I did change out the goofy kid for a spare head from Reedee’s Miniatures, much better fit. Sometimes odd sculpted faces can create a nightmare and I hate half-arsin anything.

Thanks again, Gents.

2 Likes