2010 Camaro

Thanks, for the input guy’s, much appreciated.

The offset, of the wheel center, I have tried, on another build. Works very well :grin:

For this build, I will leave it as is; it’s glued quite well ,so I don’t think I can take it apart, without causing damage.

I had a car like that once… then I got a job HA HA. Kidding and hope you smiled.

2 Likes

I just realised that I have been following along and haven’t commented for a couple of months, very unusual for me and especially on a Chevy build! I’m loving the colour combinations and the detail all the way through here Jesper, really fine work!

You are right about the ride height, it could drop a couple of mm and look a lot angrier, but it is understandable that you are reluctant to risk any damage trying to get the wheels off.

Looking forward to the next update, close to the home straight now.

Cheers, D

Well, this one have been finished, for many months, but life kicked me in the b…, for a while there, so I haven’t been building, nor taking pictures much. Just been hanging about a bit, commenting here and there though.
Toke some pictures, of the finished Camaro. Very pleased, with the model, not so much with the pictures though. The ultra matt finish doesn’t show very well, in pictures; the metal pigment giving it a bit of a shine, due to the flash, which doesn’t really convey the look I was trying to show. It has the look, but not in images.

7 Likes

Matt paint sure is hard to photograph, but I think both the model and the pictures turned out great, Jesper!

Very nice build Jesper, always up for more Bowtie love!

As Russell said, capturing matt paint finish is tricky, especially when you’ve got that metallic flake going through as well, but your finish and detailing is wonderful. I’m sure you will work out how to get some pics that convey the look you can see in person there.

Stay safe and well, and try to get some bench time soon.

Cheers, D

A beautiful finish- looks fantastic in that color and I think the black wheels, red brakes and the chrome details really stand out nicely too.

Jesper,
Your 2010 Camaro really came out great, looking as it should in it’s metallic Gray paint. I really feel that you’re selling the pictures short in that as D said, the metallic particles are reflecting the light from your flash as they would do in real life. Afterall, that’s their job. The Gray paint pigment has a Matt finish which does show, and contrasts with the Metallics for that special look. It really makes that statement once you walk around the Camaro and look at those Gorius 18" (?) wheels in that eye catching super gloss Black. Then peer into and through the wheels and those big front disc brakes with the bright Red calibers really make their own statement and offer the contrast needed to the overall Matt finish.

Then the glamor shot of the bottom of the Chevy Beast. I’d say that you did some detail painting job on that rather complex suspension between the gloss Black and the polished rods. The exhaust system does have it’s own look and finish of an all Aluminum exhaust.

So what’s next on your bench? And I’m sure hoping that you’re over your Winter/Covid funk and back to the old you.

joel

Jesper
Enjoyed following you 2010 Camaro from start to finish. Some mighty fine modeling and paint work.
Peter

Russell, Damian, Karl, Joel and Peter; thanks for looking in guy’s; your kind words are much appreciated.

Next one, is finishing the Dino 246GT. Just started prep work on Revell’s F&F Plymouth GTX and Revell’s '62 Impala.

1 Like

Jesper,
Looking forward to seeing the 246 GT Dino as she crosses the finish line.

joel

Cool work on the Camaro. Have you tried taking some photos in natural light to see if you can get the matt effect to show?

cheers
Michael

Will start a new thread soon.

I did try, but even a little sunshine lights up the paint job. I need an overcast day, with lots of light :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: