2010 Camaro

Great stuff, Jesper :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks guy’s

Yeah, that might be the way to go about it. Keep the chrome, but tone it down, quite a bit.

1 Like

Painted the window trim.

and a bit, of the engine bay.

Rear lights have been glued in.

Front grill and lights.

8 Likes

Subtle colour variations, Jesper: nice :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Jesper,
the window trim looks perfect. Did you mask it and air brush or carefully hand paint it with acrylics then clean up with a toothpick?

Lights and the grill also looks darn near perfect to these old and failing eyes.

joel

Thank you guy’s

Nope, that is brush painted, no clean up necessary.

That was a section, of it’s own, so it was painted, before assembly.

Jesper,
Now I’m even more impressed as the trim really looks air brushed and was masked.

joel

Well, I had a bit of help, from Revell, since the window trim is very well defined :grin:

Windows got glued in and body dry fitted to the undercarriage/interior section. Not to happy about it though; the stance is far to high. Just can’t see, where I can do it different, since everything seems to be in place.

7 Likes

Looks good to my MK1 eyeball :male_detective:

Jesper,
the Camaro looks GREAT. I don’t have a clue on how one would go about lowering the chassis over the wheels. Hopefully, one of guys who builds these street cars will have a few ideas.

joel

This build is looking very well so far Jesper. I like the detail work on the engine. It may be too late to do anything about it now and it looks good no matter what but the intake is a composite/ plastic piece that’s usually black. These were some hot cars when they came out and I worked on these in Chevrolet Dealerships. Awesome cars you you’re doing a great job.

thanks for looking in gent’s.

Your right. I realized it to late, but since there’s a big shroud, for the engine, it won’t be visible :grin:

Joseph,
As far as those intakes go, the ones in my cars are more of a Nato Black that after time fades to a dark Gray. Cleaning my engine isn’t something I like to do, and thus hardly ever do unless the car is brand new.

Any ideas on how to lower the body as Jesper asked? If anyone knows how to do it, it’s certainly you.

joel

1 Like

Almost done. Last components, and a few decals, have been added. there are two bowtie decals, one for the front, one for the back and one for each wheel, but they are mainly yellow and would light up, like a beacon and not fit the overall look I’m going for.

Still a few thing to do; Panel line wash, a few details to paint, I might add the Camaro decals, to the side(They are in a fairly subdued silver grey) and then it’s done. Will take better pic’s then.

7 Likes

Looking great. Nice underhood details. This looks very similar to a Camaro that is for sale down the street from me.

Jim

Jesper,
The Camaro is really looking good. I gotta admit that the stance actually looks about right from how the standard ride height is these days. Here’s a picture of my 2014 Hyundai Sports Coupe. The stance is about the same.

And the overall mono color and tone really is eye catching. Agreed that the bright yellow emblems would be an eye sore, and most likely Chevy would have done them is a closer color to the car.

joel

1 Like

This is looking REALLY good!!

Actually there is a way to drop it down some but it’s going to involve taking the wheels back off and I don’t know if Jesper’s gonna be comfortable with that.

If I’m only after a scale inch or two I drill out the back of the axle mount holes just a tad larger and adhere the wheel assembly back onto the axle with the bottom of the axle resting on the bottom of the hole in the back of the wheel. I did this on my 98 T/A and it worked perfect AND you’ll never be able to tell by looking underneath the vehicle.

2 Likes

Nice work on the window frames. A sometimes over looked detail in all modern model car building

I also meant to say in my post above that the stance doesn’t look bad at all. As Joel said above, there’s alot of vehicles now with that stance/ look.

But …if you wanted to take it to the next level (no pun intended) they do look good dropped down an inch or so.

1 Like

Joe,
Such a simple yet a super effective solution to the height issue.

I believe that the issue is to meet the current bumper height standards, which has to do with maintaining the correct height of the middle of the bumper so a accident is more likely to be bumper to bumper. So it’s much easier to raise the car height then a total redesign.

joel