2022 Campaign Ideas?

That’s so cool… You have to love the sound of a Gatling gun letting rip… Watch my trace … :+1::+1:

1 Like

They all belonged to 4th LAR and were kept on the ramp at Las Flores; during OIF I they were parceled out to the LAR Bn’s attached to each RCT, plus TF Tarawa. When they reconstituted 4th LAR in-country when the 1st MARDIV started returning stateside the -AD’s all went back, too. They’d only been used against ground targets during the march up, but they were intimidating as all get out with that Gatling gun.

2 Likes

Would folks be up for an IJN campaign? or an IJA/IJN campaign?

3 Likes

Definitely some something I would consider. I’ve recently gotten interested in pacific theatre planes. I’ve bought 3 USN planes and was planning to add a zero, Kate, or Val soon

Thanks, think I misread the proposal for that one. I found a Mitsubishi MU-2J in the stash, missing any decals. I believe the J is the civvy variant?

I would also be up for a Made in France campaign. I have a stack of Mirages just waiting for an excuse to build!

1 Like

I would be in on an 8-wheel campaign with something BIG.

2 Likes

I’d be in on an IJA/IJN campaign if you include ground forces.

1 Like

Knew I could count on you Matt to go big :+1::+1:

1 Like

Of course. I tend to be attracted to things that can pull in ships, planes, and land vehicles. I would also like to include trains. I would not be sure how to name Japanese trains of the era, but the train that ran on the bridge over the river kwai would be cool if someone wanted to do something with that.

1 Like

Oooh I got it!

Anyone wanna do a Gun Truck campaign?

1 Like

Wish I had a camera and spent more time looking around during my travels might have seen one on the ramp.

Add the same system or twin Gatling guns to a Abrams for aerial defense and we might still have the hogs. :cry:

2 Likes

Now I want to do it as a what if … Maybe I could use the M1A2 SEP V2 I have… Now I just need 2 Gatlings … :grin:

1 Like

Not sure if this has been done recently, but Curious if there would be any appetite for a half track campaign. Any nation, any time period, as long as it’s a half track.

I’m not sure timeline but probably mid 2022

1 Like

Several times this year I’ve looked at half track kits and backed off. I would sign up for something next year, no doubt.

I find them super interesting I don’t know why, they just look cool to me.

1 Like

How about a ski or float campaign? This would be for aircraft originally equipped with wheels but that were fitted with skies for winter operations or were fitted with floats for naval ops.

I like this idea. It makes me think of trucks and stuff fitted to work on rails. I wonder if there is a convenient way to work that in too?

@Johnnych01 I’d be up for the 8 wheel campaign next year. I have the Schutzenpanzer Luchs and Rooikat that would be contenders. Starting to look like enough interest to start a series thread looking for numbers.

@Mead93 We had a half track build a few years back. There was quite a lot interest in that then, so if you start a series thread I’d say you would be a goer fairly quickly. I’d be interested in that as well.

1 Like

I was thinking of starting one called “Place of Origin”. The idea is to build a vehicle painted as it is/was used by the country you were born in or currently live in. A lot of scope there for most guys.

I’m sure I could tempt @ayovtshev to join in, seeing as that his specific genre… :grinning:

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

Cheers,
Tempted Angel

1 Like