2022 Campaign Ideas?

Not sure if this is the right place to start this thread. Is it too soon to talk about 2022 campaigns? Probably, but, hey, why not? I’m thinking about it because I’m about to bow out of a couple 2021 campaigns I thought I would do because of loss of personal time and probably over-commitment anyway.

Modern Japanese Vehicles

The campaign will focus on building examples of Japanese engineering (domestically designed/produced tanks, aircraft, ships, even civilian cars). To qualify for the campaign, any vehicle of any scale can be submitted, provided that it

1. Was either designed or produced by a Japanese firm after 1945. No vehicles with any relationship to the Imperial Japanese Army, Navy, or Air Force.
  2. Is not more than 25% complete by the time the campaign begins.

I will send everybody who participates in the campaign a special waterslide decal with their name, model, and the campaign watermark upon the conclusion of the campaign!

2022-01-01T05:00:00Z2022-12-31T05:00:00Z

2 Likes

Im defiantly game for this!

Have no idea what I will build but I’m in…

How about “made in France?” Anything of French design and manufacture, in service in any armed forces (civilian subjects would of course be fine as well!). I’m thinking it could pull up some interesting builds in armor, air, and ships. Perhaps one of our French speakers could offer a catchy French title for such a thing?

1 Like

We could call it the white flag campaign!

Sorry couldn’t resist, that would be a fun one, French stuff doesn’t seem to get built a lot so it might encourage some cool builds

2 Likes

I don’t mind if threads like this exist in their own genre areas. So for armor stuff this thread could be in the Armor/AFV forum. Proposals should go in this specific forum of course, but generic conversations about what someone might like to do on a campaign can be anywhere.

1 Like

There was a Stryker campaign which had some great kits in it. and some individual builds like @Bison126 and his VBCI which was terrific.

How about an 8 wheeled only campaign. Any type of military vehicle with 8 wheels. Any nation, any branch of the military and in military service from say ? 1965 onwards ? ( I was born then lol) It would be a 12 month group build ?

1 Like

I would be up for that.

1 Like

Trumpeter makes a BTR-60BP. These were used in the Iran Iraq war. That might be fun.

I will keep this on the radar, and if I get 7+people interested I will do a proposal late August into early Sept…for a 01 Jan 22 start…

Sounds like fun, I have a LAV-R.

1 Like

Cool… I have a LAV III but I wouldn’t mind doing the air defence one as well…or the ATGW one…

I like the idea of the ‘Made in Japan’ campaign.
If I haven’t already got something, I’m sure I could pick something up.
Would it have to be Japanese designed and built only, or would it also include license production? For example, Mitsubishi built F-104J and F-4EJ.

1 Like

In the campaign I actually say it just has to be related to Japanese engineering or production, so license production is absolutely valid!

1 Like

It’s a nice kit, I’ve built a couple. The LAV’s are one of my favorites. But, you might want to try to find the Eduard update set for it if you don’t have it, Trumpeter missed a few things (like HALF the lifting sling) that are included in it.

1 Like

Does the AD kit have similar issues? Might switch to the only other 8 wheel vehicle I have, Ebr-10 and restart an old project idea.

The AD variant isn’t bad at all, none of them really are Trumpeter just kind of phoned in some of the details on the -R variant. You can get by with the kit supplied PE for the AD unless you want to go nuts. Jason Taylor’s walk arounds on Prime Portal are excellent, he was my platoon commander in '03 on the Spring Break Tour until he became company XO just before we came home.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Doc.

@Tank_1812 or @white4doc - hopefully one of you may know… Has the LAV AD been involved in combat ? If the 8 wheel campaign runs I will do one of those and the LAVIII I have as a tandem build…

1 Like

I was going to say no but I found this. Get some!

1 Like