2023 Campaign ideas?

Ever since Planes of Fame restored that Connie I’ve been interested in doing one. My record on campaigns says it wouldn’t happen though. LOL

HEY! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

My mother loves me.

IMG_0029

:sob:

1 Like

What about a Mustang campaign?

Ironically it’s the more popular subjects that often don’t get represented in group builds as much. The Spitfire campaign as a notable exception!

1 Like

She could be jivin’ too…

Cute Angry Face GIFs | Tenor

How about a “Real animal campaign?” No robot, monsters, alien animals, or drone animals allowed. Can be real or fictional, kit, or scratchbuilt. Zombie animals accepted.

• Civilian (chickens, goats, dogs, cats, pigs, birds, ducks, reptiles, bunnies, etc.)
  • Law Enforcement (K-9 dogs and horses)
  • Military (mules, horses, and donkeys)
  • Sea life (fish, whales, octopus, dolphins, etc.)
2 Likes

Interesting. I have some Tamiya dinosaurs somewhere in the stash my son left me. My son bought them second hand and never built them. I also have their first Livestock kit and have only used the German Shepard from that.

Always wanted to add a WW2 soldier holding one of the Tamiya rabbits by the rear legs. Caught for the pot…

3 Likes

It will be a nice change from all the military and figure modeling…might even add a splash of color to one’s collection. :grinning:

And all the little vignettes one can make with animals will be interesting.

2 Likes

Yes, the can add some colour. What I used the Shepard on:

5 Likes

I like it, I have a few Scientific Models animal kits I can use. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m surprised you didn’t get a lot of response for a Mustang campaign. Its one of the greats and looks good from any angle. They had a long career with many countries. What’s not to like?

Paul

1 Like

About 13 years back, I knew a woman who enjoyed building dinosaur models. She was really enthusiastic about the subject but was too shy to show anyone her work.

If there is enough interest in an animal campaign, I will join with an alien creat… Oh. Oh. I see. The humans are once again indulging their xenophobia. Fine. If dinosaurs qualify, I will join with something from Tamiya. Timing does not matter to me since it should be a quick project.

I would also join a P-51 Mustang campaign if it ends well into next year. That one would become a Christmas present for my brother.

If I started one it would begin and end next year. Probably 1/1/24 to 12/31/24.

Exactly!

For some reason I saw “Mustang” and had the car in my head. Don’t have any of those but P-51’s…at least three. I’d be happy to not finish another campaign: it’s all about the journey.

Cheers,
Colin

2 Likes

How about an aircraft “also ran” campaign. Examples would be Brewster Buffalo, He100/112, Sevesky P35,. Those A/C that fought but were the wrong planes for the time they were used

2 Likes

Nice idea. Gloster Gladiator, Boulton Paul Defiant, Curtis Goshawk, Handley Page Hampton, such a long list.

1 Like

A Mustang campaign sounds great to me. I need an excuse to build a Hasegawa 1/32 I’ve had in the cupboard for years.

1 Like

Well, let’s give it a go then!

Live in the staging area here: The Mustang: NA-73X to the Enforcer

1 Like

I like the “Also Ran” idea. I have plenty of kits that might fit in.

I have been eying a kit of the General Aviation GA-13 for some months now. I have not started it as its a difficult build, one of the limited production kits that require some real modeling skills to pull off. The kit instructions even say as much.

I’ll bet lots of folks have kits like this sitting around, kits that occasionally get opened and oogled not actually built. Mebbee we could have a campaign for these “Difficult Builds.” This would have to be self described as a large Tamiya kit with lots of parts might well be a daunting task for some. Other builders might be terrrorized by large amounts of resin of PE. I have been put off by all of those things. A vaccuform kit? “Fogetaboutit!” Would anyone care to join in a campaign to actually build your nightmare kit?

We had some discussion about a Propliner campaign some time ago. I think we had four of us that were interested. How many do we need to proceed?

Paul

1 Like

Hmmm, I posted an “Also Ran” campaign back on the old site. Love the idea, just never caught on. I’ve got several candidates, a couple of Buffalos, an X-32, XP-77, XFL-1 Aerobonita, F-111B, Boeing SST, SB2A Buccaneer, XF-92, XFY-1, F2G, XFV-1. Yeah, I’m covered.

Got some prop liners to consider. Several Boeing Stratocruiser, DC-3, DC-5, DC-6, Lockheed Electra, Lockheed Constellation, Orion, Vega. Covered there also. :wave: