2023 Campaign ideas?

We have a few campaigns on for next year, such as the Big Plane, Teen Fighters and Great War builds, but I just wanted to throw a couple of ideas out and see what people’s thoughts are? Freel free to suggest anything different.

1. Middle Eastern Air Forces. Any aircraft, any scale, any time period in service of an Arab Air Force. Didn’t want to include the IDF as we have one ongoing. Might be an interesting one as they’ve operated all sorts of aircraft in that part of the world. Some cool cammo and national insignia too.

2. Wild Weasels. Any aircraft, any scale that’s tooled up for SEAD. Question is, do we include jammers?

3. Trainers. Any aircraft, any scale, any time period as long it’s a military trainer. Might be a chance to add some colourful aircraft to everyone’s collection?

4. Aces. Any aircraft, any scale, any time period flown by a pilot who shot down 5+.

What do we all think? I’m open to ideas for others.

Stephen

Admins, I tried to add this to the campaign thread but I think I clicked the wrong thing and it’s in the aircraft thread. If you can help, that would be great.

Edit: managed to move but still not sure it’s in the right place?

3 Likes

I would hands down be interested in a SEAD campaign! That’s one of my favorite areas of study.

Would probably do an F-105 or perhaps Tamiyas Phantom if the version is correct.

Edit: Trainer one could be fun too. I’d probably do a T-6 Texan.

What about one on USAF/USN test or experimental jet aircraft? Anything experimental or involved with testing or a prototype from 1945-present. Think Bell X-1, early jets, the NF-104, X-15, etc

2 Likes

well there seems to be interest in me running another helicopter campaign so i will set something in the staging area over tbe festive period.

4 Likes

I like the X planes suggestion. Maybe if we open it up to any nation?

1 Like

Yes! I knew there was one I’d forgotten. I’d be up for another helicopter build definitely.

Good idea.

Edit: happy to help run the SEAD or X-planes one if there’s enough interest. Ran a campaign years back on the old site and managed to not mess anything up. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just thinking it might be interesting to see how they all compared against each other. Different solutions to the same problems.

Thanks, managed to help run the small scale armour campaign last year without any mistakes. Seems a bit easier to manage here on the new site.

i was thinking of an ‘Experimentals Campaign’ vehicles, boats or aircraft that were produced but never went into full production for their respective services/military

4 Likes

How about “Red Ball Express”; mainly wheeled utility trucks from the US, Germany, England and Russia.

Plenty of subjects from Tamiya to MiniArt.

Like the Soviet Lend-Lease trucks or the German Opel trucks.

4 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread. I can’t wait to see what people add.

For now, I would be up for the Middle East planes idea.

1 Like

An interesting idea.
Not sure if we’ve had anything like that for a while?

That one might be for someone who’s a more prolific armour/soft-skin modeler than me to run though.

Good one. :red_circle:

Ooo I would likely be interested in a SEAD campaign. I was thinking of doing my Tamiya F-16CJ for the Teen fighter campaign, but perhaps I’ll save it for a SEAD campaign and do my F-18 for the Teen campaign

2 Likes

Would that fit into the Convoy campaign I recently posted? It’s open to all freight-haulers and modifications thereon. The call-out lives here: Convoy! So far we have 11 going and another 4 interested.

I’m also looking to launch a “Best tank that never was Part 2” campaign as soon as the existing one ends at New Year…

3 Likes

That’s two for SEAD. I’ve got a few I need to do myself.

LOL, I’m already in or signed up for 9 campaigns that I have a slim chance of finishing, 6 I let time run out on before I got finished, or even started and 2 special requests due in February. :roll_eyes: Far too may entries for Hanger Queens XII, XIII, XIV. Oh, and maybe I’ll actually start my Best Tank that Never Was for the second go around.
Then again, Trainers sounds interesting, I’ve been trying to do a trainers campaign for years. There’s one Wild Weasel on the shelf of doom, and another on the shelf of hope. I have plenty of X planes and XF candidates. Oh and one stalled and one almost started helicopter. :smiley: And I haven’t really looked at any other car or ship builds… :wave:

2 Likes

Got to be honest, that’s one I’m leaning towards myself. Not that I want to sway anyone’s opinion!

’Special Operation’ campaign…Russian vehicles/weapons of the infamous forty-mile lumbering convoy prior to the invasion of Ukraine, March 2022.

—mike

2 Likes

One for Trainers.