2023 IPMS USA Nationals

11 Likes

How did they even get the Stalingrad dio in there - must have it’s own trailer. :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

It was good to meet you also. Wish we had more time to chat. Look forward to seeing those projects. Raymond Chung is a very interesting person. Lots of conversations about the manufacturers side of the house. It was fun hanging out with him and Brian P from Fightertown Decals after hours. Also got to meet and hang out with Darren Roberts (Monogram F-14 Fine Scale Modeler fame). He is one of the nicest fellows one can meet, he doesn’t need to hang out and get corrupted by Marines and Sailors. :joy: Also got to reconnect with a past club member that moved to TX. Plus with Floyd Werner (Werner Wings) and Mason Doupnik (Cavu Publication).

Probably won’t make Madison but the Miramar Mafia is planning to invade Hampton Roads VA in 2025.

2 Likes

A few of the photos I took.

12 Likes

Had more but my phone is not playing nice with the forum.

1 Like

Damn dude. I missed both of those! Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

Did you get one of the ammo box shadow box? In the far back of it was a 1/72 Panther approaching the barn the with a US tank and figures in. I didn’t even try to photograph it.

1 Like

Even though I got to it late, this review is local approved! Well said sir

2 Likes

I saw it but did not attempt a photo either. It’ll probably show upo in FSM in a few months.

2 Likes

I managed to get away from work on Friday to go check it out, and man oh man was the talent unbelievable. Definitely experienced the classic “inspired and intimidated at the same time” feeling. Does that ever really go away haha? Maybe one day I’ll have something deserving to be in there. Until then, I’ll continue to build one piece at a time. Got me some generic stowage pieces and a 1/35 tamiya chi-ha for an absolute steal, so onto the pile it goes!

3 Likes

Internet isn’t wanting to play nice and load any of he posted pictures, so sorry if I’m double posting, but these were some of my favs and the few I remembered to photograph. I’m just a sucker for anything in the Pacific, and that Ho-Ri weathering was spectacular

7 Likes

Thanks to all of you for posting the great photos! Some outstanding builds there. I recognize the ship going off the end of the map and do believe I know who made it.

2 Likes

The CAF aircraft at the local airfield. They had an open house for IPMS from 5-7.

And if in Texas, a stop at a local favorite (New Braunfels, our HQ for the show). Once reported to be the largest in the state for a while.

1 Like

Yeah, I neglected to mention New Braunfels specifically, but part of the German Hill Country. If you had brought the kids, they could have spent the day at the Schlitterbahn. My wife annd daughter actually met a friend there at Panera Bread for brunch. Then my daighter elected to spend time in San Antonio at the Webkinz store for a while.

After that she and my wife went to the aquarium, where they were easily able to spend several hours There’s even a petting zoo there.

Just don’t do this to your poor wife. I could have taken dozens of these.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

I can only recall seeing three subjects from the Ukraine conflict. This was one:

At first glance I thought “Hmmm… Another GI’s with a Jeep full of wine diorama.”

Then I saw the dogs. Total save! (There was a thread about running dogs a few months ago)

6 Likes

Yeah, I would never ask and she would never accept. Also I would never have her help me sell my kits, that is a guaranteed loss on $$$. If a girl shows interest, a huge loss. My daughter was a recipient of many free models when she was younger.

2 Likes

Having said that, motorcycle shows are different. My wife is right there having as much or more fun than I.

And gun shows? Don’t even get me started…

3 Likes

Top quality pics of top quality work- thanks for posting them guys. Looks like an awesome show- some inspiring stuff- that one of the ship over the waterfall is a wonderful concept and very humorous. I also really liked the pilot busts sitting just behind the planes they flew- a beautiful way to display them!

3 Likes

I wish I had seen the post about the food before I went. Ate at 2 Mexican and 2 barbecue places and wasn’t impressed, even though they were recommended by locals. The show was great, but the heat was brutal. Parking was tight because they were restriping the lot! Bad timing on the part of the hotel. Still, it was worth the 2,500-mile round trip. And I got to see the Alamo.

1 Like

Bradley and I both warned you…

1 Like

11 Likes