3D prints and CADs Part 2 - by petition2God

My poor wallet.

1 Like

Various rope clamps

Reference photos:

Kind regards,
James

5 Likes

Another CAD WIP. 1938 US Military cot. $4 in 1/35 3D printed. Busy busy…
Purchased royalty free license from: American army folding bed 3D model - TurboSquid 1648038

Reference photos:

3 Likes

These things are tiny, tiny in 1/35 (between 1.5mm and 2mm in width):

In action

2 Likes

Some appliances for @justsendit
Microwave:

65 in flat screen TV:

Washer:

2 Likes

So I’ve listened to some feedback from a vendor and another modeler that my US modern fuel can’s shape was a bit off so I’ve corrected it:

How they looked before:

Circled the corrected part:

Reference photo used:

The newest version just got printed so I’ll post some photos.

Kind regards,
James

3 Likes

Some more existing CAD correction day. Revised the butt stock of M27 IAR - close enough…:

Before:

2 Likes

Prints from today:
1/16 scale jerry cans, water cans, and jerry can holders.

Fuel truck [front] wheels in 1/48:

Treads

Revised US modern fuel can in 1/35. The shape looks more accurate:

Some US modern water cans in 1/35:

2 Likes

To satisfy the rivet counter in you, I’ve come up with 3 new versions of the WWII style jerry cans based on some feedback. Apparently, ones I had were more post-War and Cold War so I had to make WWII-specific ones. 2 gas can designs (1 specifically for 1/16 printing and another for both 1/35 and 1/16) and 1 water can design. Should be a lot more accurate than my previous attempts.

Gas can #1

Embossing fun~! Probably not going to be visible in 1/35 however.

Gas can #2 for 1/16 or bigger scale printing only

More embossing fun~ Haha

Water can:

Kind regards,
James

4 Likes

I like the cans.
They should be popular.

Thanks Dave. However, I doubt that these will sell well. Our market is so small, and I have never sold the same design/3D print product more than 10 times so far (out of about 100 I’ve CADed and printed) - except for M4 Easy Eight spare wheels and Javelin FGM-148.
For these new jerry cans, I’ve sold 2 gas cans and 2 water cans in 1/16 today. :smiley: I expect a couple more and that’s it.
Other than that, most of my CADs and 3D prints have never been sold or they were just one-offs.
Let’s lower expectations. Shall we? :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
James

I think the K and C ration cans are really cool. I’ll probably pick up a set or two in the future. Give the 1/16 stuff a longer try, as it seems to be picking up steam now that more kits in the scale are emerging. Keep up the good work. Oh and I’m back in FB Jail again. LOL
At least I behave here.

Some prints from last night:

For @18bravo

Tiny, tiny US-type rope clamps in 1/35:

Appliances in 1/35 for @justsendit
Washer and microwave:

The electric cord and water hose didn’t really make it - too thin. I was too ambitious…

Samsung 55 in LED TV:

Printing some WWII-type jerry cans and water cans today.

Kind regards,
James

4 Likes

That’s okay James. I’m just gonna’ take my appliances out to the local BLM and shoot-em-up them with my new AK-74 rifles! Yea-haaaw! :rofl: … Just kidding. I would never do that. :no_entry_sign:

—mike

Lots of prints from last night. The improved versions of WWII jerry cans in 1/16~!

Gas can design #1:

Gas can design #2:

Revised water can:

5 Likes

And a new toy - Anycubic Kobra FDM printer:

This will be used to produce more functional and durable items - glue, paint holders; wheel masks, airbrush holder, track jigs, etc.
Household items, storage accessories, etc. And then some figurines and toys for my children. :smiley:

7 Likes

Good stuff.

Molded in dog drool. :+1:

1 Like

Dog drool. LOL!

2 Likes

“Dog ate my old printer.” :dog: :bone:
:grin:

3 Likes

OK, so not the best quality print from my FDM printer but this should serve its purpose of wheel mask for 1/16 M4A3E8 Easy Eight kit:

Needs an extrusion step calibration.
Back

Front

So the idea is to insert the wheels from one side and be able to paint/airbrush only the inner smaller circle quickly from the other side.

CAD images:

3 Likes