3D prints and CADs Part 2 - by petition2God

Dan,
Sorry, not going to make it [in the near future]. I do not have digital sculpting skills (using ZBrush or Blender software) for stuff like that yet; in 1/35, it’s very tricky to print thin and curvy parts w/out print eror; and the market is too small for it (think about how many I’ll have to sell those little things to make up the hours I’d put in). The war in Ukraine may end by the time I have some time to make it. :smiley: I’d say the best bet is to wait for Live Resin stuff coming back to the US market. Or you could ask Mike G. to do it.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!
I’m sure it will come about with time.

1 Like

Should be sooner than later. Mike K. will be lending me his helmet for me to scan both inside and out. When I scan the interior I can pull the liner from the scan. Can’t pull the actual helmet apart but I can pull the scan apart. I hope.

2 Likes

House furnace not working today - it’s going to be a cooooold Colorado night. No 3D printing tonight until HVAC technician gets here tomorrow… :frowning:

Whats your Temps out there now? Here west of MPLS is about 15 with strong NW winds.
Good luck!

1 Like

22 F right now going down to 11 F in AM…

:cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face:

Ha ha. We are the opposite end of the scale. Today we had a peak of 94 F and humidity through the roof.
It is 8.30 pm and the bureau says the temp is currently 80 F and humidity is 75%.

1 Like

It was 20d when mine went out a few years ago. Oof, hope everyone does well. My wife was then happy with that outing.

1F with wind here this morning. But we have heat. Good luck!

1 Like

Yikes. That’s COOOOOLD. OK, the heater came back on miraculously this morning. I have no idea what happened. Anyways, back to work and 3D printing.

3 Likes

Typical MN January Temps.
Hope that you still have it checked.

1 Like

Amazing work as always James.
I want to buy a kit just to be able to use that .30 cal.

3 Likes

I know what you mean.

Hi all,
Effective 12 AM Friday Jan. 27, 2023, I am ceasing 3D printing and CAD operations/selling for others. For pending orders, I’ll fulfill them but otherwise, I will not be accepting new orders (unless you’re one of very few who have supported me throughout the year in Kitmaker forum like Ryan, Stuart, and Peter). I will occasionally CAD and 3D print for my own builds and will post them here.
It has been fun and addicting for sometime, and I’ve lost the steam. My family needs me more, and I am lacking sleep. It was fun making some hamburger money, but it’s just not worth the hassle and time.
As I was shivering in front of my computer with the heater out last night, I was thinking: “why the “F” am I doing this? I don’t need the money, and it’s not even fun anymore.”
Then my family had a serious talk with me about the neglect they’ve been feeling, and some modeler brought up a disagreement/misunderstanding on what permissions were given when we traded some STL files on FB. It was my fault really being lazy and not accrediting when I am fully capable of creating a similar CAD on my own. That was just a straw that broke camel’s back. I know that I should have quit last year when I was getting too stressed about it.

So there we are. The good things come to an end. Thank you for your support, and I hope that I’ll use the time now actually to build and reduce my huge stash. Happy modeling, everyone!

Kind regards,
James

10 Likes

So sad that it has come to this. Your posts inspired me a lot. Thank you for sharing your work here. I hope you will find fun in reducing your stash.

Hans

2 Likes

James,

It has been a great run. I have enjoyed your designs. No need to do all this to yourself and family for a hobby. Still look forward to seeing what you come up with for yourself.

Ryan

2 Likes

Family first my friend! Focus on your little ones while you can. My youngest is 31 years old now, so I can say that! Wishing you many great years ahead to dip into our hobby as time allows. We all ebb and flow, but please know that many recognize your skill and talent. (You are good at what you do) All the best and stay warm!

2 Likes

Your work was pretty amazing and you are without doubt doing the correct thing buddy. Take a family breather and enjoy it all. Looking forward to seeing you build some stuff now when you get into it again … :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

I thank you for designing me the casting symbols for my R35.
Good luck!

2 Likes