42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras in June, 1815

Tanks, Erwin!

I definitely saw that too. When the oils are wet it can be difficult to catch everything, so I will be giving them a slight white feathering, for sure. Good eye, Batman, good eye!

1 Like

Happy to oblige :blush:

The pernicious situation has been remedied, as our British friends would say, HA!

1 Like

Iā€™m clean out of superlatives for this project Ski, I canā€™t recall ever seeing better figures. Probably too late to fly this kite, but given the hand-to-hand combat would you consider a few rips & tears in their uniforms from enemy blades & shrapnel, even the odd musket ball entry/exit wound? Mud stains on knees & shoes? Yeah I know Iā€™m a pita :upside_down_face: :tumbler_glass:

Lol, thanks, Tim.

All the blood splatters, slices and weathering will be done when all the figures are completed. Itā€™s a heck of a lot easier to work em at once, keeping the blood tones within reasonable range and weathering to the base.

Not long now :wink:

1 Like

Another work of art Ski, simply inspirational, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

Thanks, G-man! There is light at the end of the tunnel, lol.

All I can say, is that it has been a privilege to watch this one come together. The skills shown here are literally, top of the line, coming from an artist who is at the height of his profession. Even though thereā€™s still a fair way to go, you can already see how itā€™s going to turn out. I think this will even top your Arnhem dio and that is a very high bar indeed! Thanks for including us in this one, Ski!
G.

1 Like

Hey G, thanks for those kind words, Buddy! This set is like the ā€œnever ending storyā€, HA! Just a few more to go, sheewwwww!

1 Like

Rifleman

Saving the easiest one for last,ā€¦.well almost last, this rifleman was very straight forward in painting. Using all the techniques as mentioned before this paint went smoothly. One change was to use a ā€œlinerā€ brush for the tartan black stripes, as someone had mentioned I do. I hesitated to use it, but decided; heck, thereā€™s enough room to screw this up and clean it, why not. With a little more practice I think Iā€™ll have this brush type dialed in, but there was certainly a learning curve that came with that brush. Iā€™m now a convert! Stretch the envelope, right?

I hear the drums a-beating, ratta tat tat, ratta tat tat,ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ Yes, Drummer Boy is next up to bat. Heā€™s got a lot of fluff to him as well.

Now comes the sneak-peak. This really looks pretty shabby, IMHO, but when itā€™s all painted and shaded correctly, I donā€™t think much will be noticed. I certainly canā€™t get that ā€œhigh speed, low dragā€ intense brush work on this drum as others have done, but I know my limitations, and this is one of them. Who knows, when itā€™s all said and done, I may scrub it and repaint it. It wonā€™t be the first time Iā€™ve done a scrubbing, lol.

Thanks for watching, all comments welcome, of course. Cheers, Ski.

12 Likes

Just amazingā€¦

Just gets better and betterā€¦. Keep going SkišŸŗ
G.

Thanks, Guys!

1 Like

Again, hats off for the drum Ski ā€¦ at that scale you cant fault it with the sweet detailing painting you have achieved. The Rifleman looks spot on as well, so many vivid colours - you would of needed sunglasses in those battles ā€” more beautiful work throughout :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Pictures always enhance our own errors. Iā€™d recon that with the Mk1 eyeball it looks damn good!!

2 Likes

Thanks, Johnny!

Ya, it does look pretty pathetic up close, lol. But, Iā€™ll fiddle with it a bit more before I decide if it gets a bath or not. Iā€™m anal retentive when it comes to stuff like that, you know me Erwin.

Thanks, Gents!

2 Likes

Drum Works

Fortunately, I didnā€™t see the need to redo this drum emblem pattern. Itā€™s not perfect, but it will work out just fine. Now back to the Drummer boy!

All comments welcome. Cheers, Ski.

10 Likes

The drum skin looks great! Really usedā€¦

1 Like

I agree with Erwin, the drum skin looks great. The rest of the drum looks good too. :+1:

1 Like

Saving the ea

Sorry, but there is nothing easy on any of your figuresā€¦ except maybe the buying part of itā€¦ such extreme quality paintingā€¦

1 Like