57 Chevy Nomad Stretch Limousine - "2-Mad"

Thanks Joel, hoping to have this one finished up over the weekend as my first completion for 2022!

Noisy end completed, gotta love that big ‘57 grin !! :grin:

Cheers, D

2 Likes

Great to see the XXXXL chevy back on the desk. The chrome work looks amazing. Have you used bare metal foil on all of it or just some. It is hard to tell the difference which is great.

cheers
Michael

1 Like

@cosimodo , many thanks for checking in Michael, always very much appreciated mate!

The bumpers are kit chrome, the triangular side flashes are painted, the long chrome trims on the sides and the tailgate are BMF. The quarter windows, badges and door handles are hand-painted.

A couple of hours later, smoky end done now, and construction is complete! I will throw on some panel line wash, clean off some greasy fingerprints and find a dark backdrop to get some better pics over the next couple of days.

It feels great to be back in action and get some serious progress under my belt again. A couple of pics of “2-Mad” with the Nomad I completed last year for comparison. The cars are lined up at the tail end to give an idea of the extra length on the Limo.

Cheers, D

7 Likes

D,
Congrats on your 1st of the year. I gotta admit when you 1st started the conversion I had my doubts, but boy did you prove me wrong. 2-Mad looks GREAT!!. And it’s one outstanding comparison of both Nomads.

Needless to say I’m looking forward to your pin up shots.

joel

You and me both Joel, I started to think that I had taken on too much of a challenge with my first major “kitbashery” and trying to get the transition between the two bodies nice and smooth. There is still a ghost seam on the driver’s side, but really only visible at the right angle.

I’m glad you like it, I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out as well.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Looks like a pearl. Nice finish

1 Like

Many thanks KSO, always appreciate the feedback on my builds. Always trying to improve a little bit in some way every time I open the next kit!

Cheers, D

I’ve just realised that this is my second completion, the DB5 scraped in mid-January for my first for '22!

The '51 Ragtop is getting close now, then the '55 Corvette will get some attention, and that will be 4 WIP crossed off the list without cracking a new kit. Must be some sort of record for me :rofl:

Cheers, D

1 Like

D,
Thrilled to see that you’re cranking them out across the finish line once again.

joel