70/73 K&K Dodge Charger

I have an older tamiya Ferrari, a Senna marlboro, mansell labotts and a jorden with a cool snake on the sidethat’s a revell. oh and i have a rossberg Mercedes petronas also revell.
I don’t watch current nascar as i consider the actual real nascar dead, these are gt cars masquerading as stock cars. i did watch last weeks sonoma race but that is only because i like road courses. and it was a really boring race, the cars are ugly and the new markings with the number on thr front fender is stupid and a turn off to me as is the whole cot era.
did the splatter and some padding last couple of days

used a old brush dipped in thinned light grey paint and blew it on with the air brush. turned out decent i think. Joe

1 Like

Joe,
Nice mix of 1/20 and 1/24 scale F1 cars from the past. My favorite would be Mansell as I was and still am a huge, huge fan.

The days of racing the old full size Detroit iron was what Stockcar racing was all about. The golden rule was just how much could you cheat and get away with it as every car was different, and even the body templates were shall we say doctored when they could get away with it.

the current Gen car is exactly what you said it is, a GT car that isn’t even a rough exaggeration of Detroit iron, but then again, who the hell decided that Toyota should be allowed to run in an American Stock Car series. Running 427 ci Iron blocks with those big massive 4 barrel carbs and cross over exhausts had a sound that I could hear from Pocono to my home on LI. Not any more.

I hate restrictor plate racing, and I truly hate super speedways. the racing isn’t racing, it’s 500 miles of conga lines and the last 5 laps is always the big one. What trash that is. I love Bristol at night, but not the dirt crap they have now for one of the races. Just give me the good old Mile tracks and I’ll be a fan once more.

Nascar just like Indy Car has turned into a pure spec series. I was once the biggest USAC/CART fan but not so much these days. Talk about a spec series. The only thing left on these cars that the teams can fiddle with is the shocks and that’s done with super computers. 1 chassis, 2 engines, 1 tire manufacture (like all pro series these days), is Indy Car in a bottle. Actually, with the enclosed Halo, it’s more like a weird form of GT cars then an open wheel car.

As for your splatter paint job, it does look pretty darn good. And BTW, I was surprised to see a real tube of glue on your bench. One doesn’t see them very often.

joel

Hi Joel.
I’m just the opposite, i like the super speedways but i do like tracks like bristol. i don’t see what nascar is trying to prove with the dirt race there. it’s really redundant- high tech cars on dirt.
Yes i use tube glue mostly. the liquid is not really good for attaching parts. i use it mostly for things like gluing two halves like engine blocks and fuselages.
Senna is my fav driver but i like drivers like Perez in todays F1. not crazy about the halo bar they have and stopped watching for a bit but enjoyed last years season. not crazy about the new design of the F1 cars this year, too long and the front wing reminds me of a hammer head shark.
Almost done with the torino. will post when done.

Joe

Joe,
I didn’t even bother to watch the dirt Bristol race. And Bristol is one of the few Nascar races I never miss. Laps in 30 sec is just insane.
While I don’t use tube glue these days, I do use a lot of the Revell and Master Modeler glue in those neat plastic containers. Never much cared for Senna as his attitude was just horrendous. Now Mansell and Prost most of the time had his number for sure.
Tomorrow is the IMSA 6 hrs at the Glen. Will be recording it so I can watch it in 2 hours segments over a few days. Just tough not to hear/see who won which categories.
Looking forward to seeing your Torino.

joel