Looks good enough for me :+1:
Ref picture from online source

1 Like

It would qualify, it has 8 wheels.

LAV-25 = US
LAV III = Canadian

LAV-AT went into service.

2 Likes

Kewl, It’s been sitting around for years going nowhere. Maybe I’ll get it done now. :wave:

2 Likes

ASLAV = Australian

:wink:

2 Likes

You are correct, the poster only asked about the other two. I am sure he already knew about the ASLAV so there was no reason to list. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Aww, my ignorance knows no bounds. I only checked the Ls since I wasn’t sure if the LAV-AT actually entered service or was just some prototype that AMT / ESCI modeled. No clue about what other services might have adopted the design. :wave:

1 Like

Ha ha. I was just being a bit of a cheeky Aussie. :+1:

3 Likes

:joy: we both where. I had forgotten about y’all.

3 Likes

From purely an interest PoV, is there any major differences between a ASLAV and a US or Canadian one ? That’s for @petbat & @Tank_1812 ? I’m guessing mainly weapon load outs ?

Heaps John.

The ASLAV specification included a climate control system for the crew compartment and the fitting of Australian made Raven radio equipment. Michelin XML tyres are fitted, larger in diameter and cross – section than the original tyres, and with a more aggressive tread pattern. Australian designed and fitted spare tyre rack (The rack swings out of the way of the doors, and brings the spare wheel lower to the ground), different exhaust system, guards for the propellers, different external stowage, different turret stowage, improved barrel for 25mm gun, infantry/tank telephone and differing aerial mounts and different headlight clusters are some of the many other detail differences which exist between the original LAV and the ASLAV vehicles.

4 Likes

Simple:

US: Nuff said

Canadian: Polite and obviously superior

Aussie: Upside down

1 Like

Sadly this is not an accurate way to differentiate between an AUSLAV and a LAV III… or any of the other variants for that matter.

Correct, but can’t say the same for some other countries

:grinning:

2 Likes

Oh no… that’s the joke I was making. Those things roll on a dime

3 Likes

Sounds like our old CVR(W) Fox’s, they only had to look at a slight rise and they would be over on their side.

2 Likes

And then in typical DND fashion they went and bought the TAPV who’s centre of gravity is only slightly lower than an orange on a toothpick.

2 Likes

Late to the party, but I’m in with the old Revell Luchs kit. A year might just do it, at my pace…

3 Likes

Glad your joining Tom. Will be good seeing that built again :+1:

A quick bump and can any of the Admin/Campaign Gurus who look in, can this be moved to the Active list from anytime after lunchtime tomorrow, or probably easier if we go for after midnight where-ever you are in the world …cheers guys :+1: :+1:

the start date only says Saturday, but when I click on it, it is set for starting on the 1st Jan 2022 …

1 Like

That’s the one I am still missing in my diorama… :rofl:

1 Like