8 Wheelers from 1965 - to Present

Just had a look in the Pantsir box… Wow… There is a fair bit of plastic in there… The instructions sheet alone goes up into the high 80s I think I saw…
Box says it is 35.5 cm in length… So it’s going to be massive as well lol… Looking forward to this one…I quite like the snow cam scheme … Hmmmmm we will see on that one … One thing’s for sure… It’s going to dwarf the LAV AD…

3 Likes

Thanks @SSGToms for adjusting it into active :+1:

2 Likes

My pleasure John, you’re welcome. Happy New Year!

1 Like

The big wait is over…the beast is in the building… And beast it is …

My entry for the 8 wheeler is the Pantsir S1…

My god, there is so much of it …

Altogether there are 8 very large sprues, and they are jammed full… Also a standard decal sheet, a sprue for the clear parts and decals for the mirrors. I will also be ordering the Quinta interior decals that Matt sold me on … instruction book is pretty comprehensive and goes up to 86 stages or so…

6 Likes

Got round to making the first cuts … I think you’re going to like this kit @SSGToms

So I went from this to

To this…

This is a super detailed engine, which is a shame as you won’t get to see much once it’s all in situ…

In the image below you can just see a very small gap on the bottom join, but that will be hidden behind the fan belt drives and fan, which in turn will be hidden by the veh body lol

Matt, it goes together really nicely and no major issues with fit etc. It is fiddly so be warned, and the twin turbos were a PITA (just for being small and fiddly) and I ended up securing them first to the large air duct and then securing that whole piece to the various points.
There are a few parts that are incorrectly numbered but they are easy to identify and wasn’t a real concern.

6 Likes

There is more detail in that engine that some entire kits I’ve built.

1 Like

And I still have a bank of filters, the fan belt and drives, and the fan to fit onto it …

2 Likes

John I sure am going to like that kit if it all fits together like the engine. Zvezda have SERIOUSLY upped their game in the last 2 years. The quality and engineering of their kits have improved 300%, and parts quality and fit have followed suit. That engine looks incredible. Enjoy the build, don’t rush it. Enjoy the process, you’re in it for the long haul with this one. Cheers mate!

1 Like

Matt, these are the turbos and air trunking I was on about.

Like I said, a bit fiddly but nothing crazy.

4 Likes

Looks like you nailed it though John that engine looks awesome.

If there is one thing i have learned from my kids, it is that all rules are negotiable :wink:

The rules say:

I have a Trumpeter THAAD that i started the day before Christmas and immediately put away to build a Jeep

From the kit the 2 suspension sets have been liberated from their sprues and the clamps(?) have been glues to them:

@Johnnych01 would this be negotiable?

3 Likes

Goof, If you can also do a pic of the rest of the kit and box showing the sprues than I will be happy with that ok … and the THAAD does look nice as a kit :+1:

1 Like

I’d love to join the campaign w the trumpeter A222 Bereg thats been lurking in the stash. Heres the enormous box and mountain of sprues for the Bereg…awesome stuff

8 Likes

That is a box of bits to be proud of Jeff … and of course you are more than welcome … the more the merrier. Will be another great addition seeing that beast get built up :+1:

Hi John, there’s still plenty of plastic left :slight_smile:

It’s a full box… I have a half-built 983 but this box is about twice as big and contains much more plastic! Looks to be about the size of the Bereg-box. Of course the Bereg will take up more space once finished :smiley:

To prevent plastic-overload, the wheels will be the resin ones in the box (Black Dog) :wink:

4 Likes

Thats good enough proof for me … you are good to go :+1: I think your THAAD, the Bereg and my Pantsir all have pretty crazy and full boxes … and that means some big kits at the end :+1:

1 Like

Wow the THAAD system , and Pantsir look fantastic, I’ve been eyeing the S300 Grumble for the next build for a Maz family.

1 Like

Lots of big vehicles in this campaign :smiley:

Started the Maz 543 Bereg…wow the chassis had enormous amount of parts. One small nit pick is how trumpeter utilizes parts from seemingly every sprue in the box. Oh well I trudged through and heres a few progress pics .

The front steering parts were a challenge, they really fit tight and felt like 1 second more would snap off when clicking the pins onto the mounts. Once their attached its a beautiful assembly though.
I started on the engine ,once the block is painted silvet I’ll add the bronze heat stained plumbing. I’m tempted to open a hatch or cover to show it off later, dunno yet

Any feedback welcome !

7 Likes

Nice start Jeff… Are the wheel stations moveable ? It’s nice to see how long that chassis is with your fingers for scale. Very much looking forward to seeing these big 8 wheelers at the end of each build…