A-10C 82-0661 IN ANG 'Blacksnakes'

One of the things I was making yesterday was painting the front wheel bay and adding some photoetched wiring, painted in black.

Following the instructions, the bay is painted in white, as I did. But taking a look at both books I’ve found this morning, I can see that it’s not white, it’s some kind of grey instead (at least for my eye). So what do you think?

These are to see the contrast with the white landing gear

This is from 2001, so I guess it’s an A version
Sin título1

Some more PE in the lower side

RegardS!

4 Likes

there’s a whole series of videos taken from the cockpit in Iraq. I used to watch the latest and greatest during safety meetings at work. I’ve seen a few tanks go thru the terminal melt down on them
Black Snakes rule!
gary

there are several videos on You Tube of Black Snakes. Some are close enough to see the paint chipping on the nose art
gary

@Tank_1812 you were right finally. After looking the books I got, I could see clearly that the cockpits are black, so I have to repaint it again. Not the ‘bathtube’ but all the front and rear of the cabin.

I also found this picture showing all the wirings and other stuff fron the rear.

So I tried to make something similar with styrene rods.

And once again, I found some interesting pictures from the cockpit where I could see that the dust from Afghanistan gets in everywhere. So after painting, weathering and some pigments, the cockpit looks like this.

Next, I will start to make the flaps settings.

See you!

4 Likes

Even a blind hog will find an acorn ever now and then. :+1:

I’ve been busy during the week making the flaps longer to make them deployed for take off, so I used a evergreen sheet and glued to the original flaps with cement and cyano also. After glueing the parts, filled the gaps with putty (the one I use at work to repair motorcycle’s plastic parts) and sanded the excesses with a 600 grain water sandpaper.

I also filled the wing’s gaps and now I’m waiting for the putty to dry.

Meanwhile, photoetched time.

I hope to finish the wings this weekend and leave the flaps glued and finished.

Happy weekend!!

3 Likes

It’s begining to look like an A-10

Some PE moremore in the landing gear wells

Cheers!!

7 Likes

Had to do a double take on the second photo. I know some aircraft have a false canopy but that was a really detailed version of it, then I saw what you did. :joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Very detailed to be an Italeri kit :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hello there!!

I’m slow lately with the ‘Hog’ so I just could make the ejection seat and begin with the ‘driver’.

The pilot’s right arm was remaked to change it to a salute pose. I also had to cut the head and turn it left.

I’ll try to begin tomorrow with the painting. I’m going to paint the flight suit in desert yellow.

Cheers!!!

8 Likes

The early aircraft had their gear and wheel wells painted FS16473 Aircraft Gray, sometimes on later aircraft you can see a mix of white and gray parts.

1 Like

Looking very good Nacho, like the alteration of the pilot figure :smile:

Hi Paul!

Thanks for the appointment. As the instructions sheet says, the wells are white, indeed. But after looking the books previously posted, are grey, even in the C models. But as you say, maybe some aircrafts has the weels painted white.

Thanks Tim!!

Oh the original operational 1970’s scheme! :heart_eyes:

Finally I could finish the driver, so I could close the canopy and go on with the fuselage. The figure, from PJ Productions, doesn’t fit correctly in the bathtube and I had to move back the main console (the one between the pilot’s legs) so the pilot could be seated. If not, the pilot was leaned forward.

The canopy closed.

But due to the PE, I have to sand the rear part of the canopy glass because it was too thick and it protrudes a lot.

The current status

And damn!!! I thought the A-10 is a smaller aircraft, but I was wrong! Compared with the F-15E…

That’s it for now. Thanks for watching!!! :crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Not much for today. My wife has spent all the day with her father at ER due to an anormal high arterial pressure and I had to take care of the kids. She will stay the night at her parent’s house.

So I just could make the exhaust pipes.

Let’s see if tomorrow I can make the fan blades and close the engines.

Regards!!

3 Likes

Looks good but more importantly I hope your FIL gets better soon.

Thanks Ryan! He’s at home now, but he have to go for another exam this week. I’m glad you like the exhaust.

Regards!

1 Like

A few works in the Hog. I tried to improve the cannon as the one in the kit was very shabby.

Drilling a bit…

And how it looks

Now she’s primmed and pre-shaded

First coat incoming tomorrow.

Cheers!

5 Likes