Brand:

MonoChrome

Battleship Yamato Imperial Japanese Navy

Number: A140

Scale: 1:200

Type: Full kit

Product timeline

MonoChrome

1:200 Battleship Yamato (MonoChrome A140)New tool1:200 YAMATO Battleship (Glow2B 5058052000)Rebox

Future 2022

2 Likes

This one together with a Super Deluxe upgrade set from Pontos or KA models would be the ultimate build Tim :star_struck:. But I am afraid war between me and my wife will break out if I haul this monster into my harbour :sweat:

Anyway here in germany it is already available at around 400 € inclusive shipping. One shop also offers the construction manual as a download https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/media/products/5058052000_MA_Building_Instructions.pdf :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It has a load of photo-etch too …

Image proudly purloined from:

Word from the wise, it costs a load of money too …
I’m seriously debating with myself if I really need this one to join the old Nichimo kit in the stash.
Sure is tempting with all that shiny PE and 2800 parts.
Should I?
Would I manage to finish it or will I go nuts with all those tiny PE-parts?

2 Likes

Holy Duck! that thing is gonna be 5-6ft long, I’m gonna neex to sell a kidney or three to pay for that kit and the extension to the side of our house.

1 Like

131,5 cm or sligthly less than 4 feet 4 inches

1 Like

This reminds me of a comic strip in a modelling magazine in the 1970. A guy ihas a box (2m by 1m by1m) in his car. Written on is Battle Ship Yamato 1/1 scale. When a friend asks him how to get the parts in that small box, he replies:“Oh that just the glue, the parts will be delivered by ISO container”.

3 Likes

Got my Yamato today :grin:, but haven’t opened the box yet.

2 Likes

Got my Yamato today :grin:, but haven’t opened the box yet.

WOHOOO!

Man, open it and post some pictures of the parts - I’m dying of curiosity!
:scream_cat:

1 Like

$418. That is cheaper centimeter per centimeter than the Akagi in 1/350 scale.

1 Like

I’ll try to take some pictures on saturday. But some pieces of information in advance:

The boxtop only consists of the painting of the Yamato, absolutley no logo, scripture or whatnot. Not even the ship’s name.

The instructions are not inside the model’s box, they are (together with the decals) inside an envelope inside the shipping box. So be careful.

The instructions use spiral binding!

I don’t know if anybody realized it, but this version is officially a GLOW2B kit, not a Trumpeter kit.

1 Like

FWIW, I just can’t get excited by this: yet another kit of Yamato; in a scale that is waaaaayyyy too big for most folks; and a price range waaaayyyy out of the ball park for most people… :woozy_face:

(Yes, I know all the counterpoints about, Yamato sells, etc etc), Bu-ut!

There’s so many other vessels of note that are yet to be kitted (not in resin) in reasonable scale (1/350) and with reasonable price ranges that Joe Average can afford, that are nowhere to be seen on the horizon (pun intended), EG Nelson class, RN flatops, etc etc… :male_detective:

Just my $0.02 :crazy_face:

1 Like

I agree. There are many ships undone and we get a kit that costs as much as for 4 new tires for my car

3 Likes

I am at a loss to think how long it would take to build if you were to make it highly detailed at that scale. At that scale you could actually see into the bridge.

Ah yes, the inverse laws of scale: IE. the larger the scale, the more detail needed to avoid toylike appearances :star_struck:

3 Likes

So is this a different kit from the Gallery one, or just rebox?

Greg

So is this a different kit from the Gallery one, or just rebox?

Greg

It is a little confusing. Scalemates lists the kit as MonoChrome and also as Glow2B (in a premium edition), but both companies appear to be, like Gallery Models, Hobby Boss, Banner, I Love Kit, Easy Model, and probably others - Trumpeter clones.

I’ve heard that in China new companies get major startup benefits, which may be why Trumpeter products keep popping up under new names. Nice for Trumpeter but annoying as hell from the consumer point of view!

Glow2B is a German wholesaler:
https://www.glow2b.de/list.php?type=mm
They are wholesalers for a lot of brands
It could be that they have commissioned a production run
with additional details or something or simply to make it
available outside Japan if MonoChrome is restricted to the
Japanese market.
Modellbau König have commissioned production runs of some
Revell kits (German subjects).

Some detail pictures:

3 Likes

Excellent, Ralf, thanks for the pics! How’s the hull? I sure hope they don’t pull another flub like their misshapen 1/350 Hornet “tanker” hull… :worried:

It would be nice to see a 1/200 Hatsuzuki sailing next to this build … hint hint

2 Likes