A new 1:200 YAMATO is coming!

It would be nice to see a 1/200 Hatsuzuki sailing next to this build … hint hint

:see_no_evil: I know, I know - I shouldn’t even be looking at another kit with Hatsuzuki still fitting out in the yard…

Not being a ship guy, but I couldn’t help noticing the headline announcing this kit of the Yamato. Wanna impress me? Let’s see a Yamato kit that will take the 1/35 Takom Yamato turret! :joy:

Kinda like the old saying: “a radiator cap looking for a new car!” :grin:

1 Like

I bought three of the 1/72 main gun turrets for the Yamato.
I hope they release 1/72 kits of the other turrets as well …

Not sure what I was thinking, but I thought the concept of modeling just turrets from different ships to be very cool, and very different. So, like a dummy, I bought the Missouri, Yamato, and Bismarck, and all their metal barrels to boot! :thinking:

3 Likes

Go big or go home !

1 Like

I can be, especially when you don’t have to build the whole ship. I stuck with the dual 5” gun (awaiting painting) and the modern Russian ship kits in 1/35. Just don’t have the space for them all.

Would like one but where the hell would I put it…

1 Like

Ok thanks. That is what I thought. I figured 2 different companies wouldn’t issue a 1/200 Yamato at the same time. :smiley:

Greg
Ok thanks. That is what I thought. I figured 2 different companies wouldn’t issue a 1/200 Yamato at the same time. :smiley:

Yes, Greg, two new 1/200 Yamatos would be nuts… but how many 1/700 Yamatos are out there? (Pit Road, Fujimi, Aoshima, Tamiya, Fujimi old tool, Tamiya old tool…)

Anyway, the new 1/200 Yamato kits do seem to be the same tooling by Mono Chrome. Also, I was evidently wrong previously about Mono Chrome being a Trumpeter China clone; Mono Chrome is an entirely different company based in Japan. Still, they do have some relationship with Trumpeter as I built this Trumpeter 1/144 F-86 a while back:

-which, a friend informed me, is a reissue of an original Mono Chrome tooling! I can’t keep up with these intricate corporate relationships…

1 Like

I agree with this in general for 1/200 but that being said if a 1/200 HMS Warspite came along I would find the space and the money pretty damn fast!

1 Like

The Yamato tooling is by Trumpeter. GLOW2B and Mono Chrome only sell them.

“- Kit parts made by Trumpeter”

Well… as I said, I just can’t keep up with these intricate corporate relationships! :confounded:

Ralf, can you post some more pictures of the parts? I’m especially curious about the hull and deck…

Hull will be a bit difficult, it’s really a big piece of plastic. And it has to be the biggest slide moulded piece for a plastic model. Thomas Wirsching posted a link to the instructions, which s a 114.5MB pdf in high resolution.
I don’t know if the Hull is 100% correct, but it’s not a bathtub, the inclined sides are there.

But at least I can show you some pictures of the deck

Ralf don´t do this - my defence perimeter not to buy this huge and expensive piece of plastic is crubling gradually :sweat:

1 Like

Are the deck pieces flat or do they include the deck camber?

Unboxing!

Not understanding German very well - does the hull come assembled with reinforcements installed as shown or has the reviewer assembled it to the point shown in the video ?

He says he has glued a bunch of parts in the hull already

1 Like

Danke Herr Nilsson .

At the 12:36 mark he shows step 4 of the assembly book and the “frames” are already in place.
Steps 1-3 have dealt with ships boats and airplanes.
The only “action” in step 4 is to make sure that the screws for the metal bows are not too tight and not too loose