A13 Mk.III Cruiser tank

Some vert impressive scratch and PE work. :+1: :+1:

Excellent work! :+1: :+1: :+1:

@Artyom , Outstanding work turning that Bronco disappointment into a work of art!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

Thank you friends!
@Armor_Buff I think this is a new concept in modelling! :rofl: Bronco dissapointment :laughing:

I stopped all works and continue them next year, after holidays. While I getting rest all British armour came together.

8 Likes

Greeting friends! The work hasn’t been stopped. All that time I was working with turret. What can I say? All is wrong. Dimensions,proportions,details… So I just try to find an average decision between accuracy and my abilities. As I have already written before, turret doesn’t have armor plates at all. They didn’t exist on a model. Therefore I need to show them. And there were a big question: should I grow the turret sides by Evergreen plastic or I just make a lines by knife. I chose second variant because turret won’t look good on the hull and will be oversized. So that’s why in some areas it will be less rivets in column or in line.
All in progress. Plastic is awful. It scratches by air. All the time after every movement I need to polish the surface. It makes me mad. Hinges are also wrong and too small. I made my variant. So…to be continued.
And of course the smoke grenade launcher mount from Voyager is also totally wrong. They made it like rectangle.

5 Likes

Happy New Year Artyom – very nice detailing on the Mk.III Disappointment turret :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thank you, Tim! Happy New Year! The year is new,the model and problems are old :rofl:

1 Like

Bronco continue entertain me. Just for comparison. I marked all interesting moments. I need to move MG’s basement down.Also I should have more space from the right. And so on. And I am not talking about countersunk screws on mask. Ufff…
The model photo is my friends work - Andrey. He has built it some years ago from OOTB with improvements.

3 Likes

Very nice job so far. Truly lovely work.

1 Like

It also looks more like the main gun is in the wrong place Artyom - too far left in the picture

Maybe cut a section off the mantlet from the right side of the picture and move the whole mantlet that way, and splice the cut off piece to the section beside the MG? You have to fill the hole to fix that issue anyway…

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hello,Peter! You are right! When I will add the plastic to a right side the gun will move to the center. Bronco is a manufacturer for furious modelers :rofl:

…or maybe they have shares in a Pharmaceutical company and they are driving up sales of headache medication for extra profits…

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Oh, I need a lot of alcohol :rofl:

1 Like

This is opened loaders hatch. So that’s ok with it.

Greetings friends! So what can I say. I suspected that the turret will be the most weak and difficult part. And I was right. First of all I have bought the wrong gun barrel. I ordered as I already know late variant from Orange Hobby. Now I need an early variant. That’s why it will take some time to get Aber gun barrel for early Matilda.
You may look at the pictures. Early barrel is one piece, later is composite.

Than you may look at this pictures and compare model with the real tank.

Here is some wip. Working with epoxy.

2 Likes

Dang! What a lot of work.
I’ll just have to leave my Bronco A13’s in the stash until I have forgotten about all these corrections :wink:

1 Like

Looking much better Artyom.

I’m with Robin, mine is staying at the bottom of the stash…

Was interested in the kit, but won’t buy it after seeing the multiple issues.

It’s looking fantastic due to @Artyom dedicated and diligence.

1 Like